• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Ghost Scorpion

A while ago I got some seeds from Listia I believe that said they were Jays Ghost Scorpion seeds.  Out of 10 seeds I got one to germinate.  It has been giving me a lot of issues with growing, but I think it is starting to take off.  My question is, has anyone here ever heard of these and if so have you tried them and if so, what are your thoughts?

I'm growing 1 jays peach bhut scorpion from a pod I got last year in my honest opinion the pod tasted like crap to much
Of a floral taste with a soap after taste........

I started this year with a few Jay's Ghost Scorpion Red and also had a hard time getting it to grow right.  It germinated fine but almost immediately grew slow and smaller than other C. Chinese.  It got pushed to the side and neglected for a while then started budding so got put in a bigger pot.  Still a very small bushy type plant with sprawly growth that seems to be producing numerous Bhut like pods with a long tails.  These are my first pods and letting them fully ripen so no taste done yet.  Pictures of both the plant and the pods.

I tried growing peach ghost scorpions, and they grew into chocolate mutts with an unusual, earthy flavor. Made good smoked powder, though. They'll melt your face, for sure

I just popped my one plant into a 3 gallon container, hoping that it starts growing soon!  Doesnt look sick or anything, just the runt of the plants that I have.

I have a jays red going in a 15 gallon smart pot.It is way behind my other plants,but is starting to get buds.

This is my 3rd year growing the red and 2nd on the peach. I do not live far from where they originated and my original plants was from the creator. 

This is my 3rd year growing the red and 2nd on the peach. I do not live far from where they originated and my original plants was from the creator. 

How'd you find the flavour profile, Chris?

I have a couple going from OP seed, just starting to pod up but all I can tell so far is that they're going to be long and, for me at least, have grown very similarly to my regular peach bhuts in so far as that they both put out branches from their lower nodes early on compared to my other Bhut varieties. Had an ok time with germ, they didn't seem slow to me compared to others but I had a lot of greenhorn issues over the winter so I think all my plants were a bit stunted/slow. Pepper Ridge - I would be very pleased if any of my plants were that big at this point!

Mean looking pods and stoked to try them!

Better than a TS, less so than a ghost but blistering hot. If I recall somewhat floral, tad fruity and melting face. :) It has been 10 months so I forget being to old man I am :)

Last years crew...

1005361_647872915246438_694232468_n.jpg

There are a few threads about these. Last year I grew both red and peach. The red I grew inground,it grew large and prolific. The peach I grew in a 15 gallon container,large and prolific also. My reds had a very cool shape,the peach was more "bhut" but had some nice shapes also.
9722241630_a98d50036f_c.jpg

9681220901_e49c081dbb_c.jpg

9794554343_43a401bdc4_c.jpg

9681127351_4ab59f88ae_c.jpg

9684541016_0534198f04_c.jpg

They are great. They hVe a low scoville rating for super hots of just over 800k if I'm not mistaken, but still hurt a lot more than many well over the million mark.

I have a couple peach jays plants and they are growing like weeds in the last 2 weeks. Low maintenance easy to grow variety

Swartmamba said:
They are great. They hVe a low scoville rating for super hots of just over 800k if I'm not mistaken, but still hurt a lot more than many well over the million mark.

I have a couple peach jays plants and they are growing like weeds in the last 2 weeks. Low maintenance easy to grow variety
Someone tested them? I was unaware....

I have Jay's peach g.s., they took more time to germinate than most. I wanted three and underestimated them so now I have five.

Pr0digal_son said:
There are a few threads about these. Last year I grew both red and peach. The red I grew inground,it grew large and prolific. The peach I grew in a 15 gallon container,large and prolific also. My reds had a very cool shape,the peach was more "bhut" but had some nice shapes also.
9722241630_a98d50036f_c.jpg

9681220901_e49c081dbb_c.jpg

9794554343_43a401bdc4_c.jpg

9681127351_4ab59f88ae_c.jpg

9684541016_0534198f04_c.jpg
Great looking pods.  I tried growing the Peach version this year.  Unfortunately, none of them made it through the transplant process.

I got a couple pods of each and saved the seeds to grow this season, to me the pods had a fruity flora taste and the heat took my breath away and I felt some what detached from reality as the indorfins took over I will most certainly not take a big bite like I did again.
I had 8 seedlings 4 of the red and 4 peach they were the slowest growers and I lost all but 3 plants I have them in ground and they are the smallest plants that I have, I'm hoping they will kick in soon, as we get our first frost in mid October and I sure would like some wipe pods I started them in the first part of January with my Naga,Bhuts, and my Trinadads Scorpions all of which are making pods and are a good two feet taller than the Ghost Scorpions.
I really like them but I think I should have started them in Dec. rather than January, also I think they need more light and warmer soil than most.

Grew both red and peach last, and again this year.

One peach last year was the most prolific plant I grew. Well over 100 pods, and I needed to tie the braches up, lest they break under the weight of all the pods.

Back