• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Giant Pumpkin+veg. GLOG!!!

From left to right: Calabaza Big Moon, Dill's Atlantic Giant.
knXVDtM.jpg

Would just like to comment on how incredibly fast these things grow. I've been meaning to get pictures but every time I go to take one, something else is happening and I can't get progress shots :D

I certainly believe that, my last pumpkin was putting on alot of weight before it stopped!

my little pumpkin is bigger again! BUT this might be the last photo of it that you see.  Its going to be 41 degrees tomorrow..105.8 fahrenheit.
That kind of temperature aborts baby pumpkins, burns leaves and kills off the new growth on the ends of the vines.
I've covered the ends of the main vines and I've covered the baby pumpkin and female flowers......but I'm worried this hot day is going to kill it all off.

P1050068_zpsziufbkqz.jpg

It should be fine, just keep it covered and hope for the best. Pumpkins seem to be pretty hardy but I don't have much experience with Atlantic so I wouldn't know. Man you're making me jealous lol. 

Keeping it covered will make it grow bigger as well, the hotter and more intense light it gets the faster it will ripen and quit growing so keep it covered and spray some cool water on it. Congrats on the pumpkin!

Back