• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Giant Pumpkin+veg. GLOG!!!

as you bury the vine and get more secondary roots it will deal with the heat more!   I can see lots of vine there! get it buried!

Any of you pumpkin growers want some giant kin seeds? I have a big box full of seeds with proven ginetics. Let me know. I am dying to get these out of here, just too many and wont be able to grow them. They all deserve a chance.

Month and 1/2 in and it's blowing up. Oh My!

20160729_213003.jpg

First time growing a larger pumpkin and I haven't buried any vines. Is this necessary and should I start now. I have had it growing for about 2 months and it has a few little pumpkins on it as we speak. Here is a pic. Any tips would be appreciated.

http://imgur.com/a/oPcEQ

You dont have to, but to make a really big pumpkin its needed.  At every point where two leaves come out there are two white nodes, top and bottom.  Each one of those is a separate root system.  The more roots the vine has, the more water it can suck up, the more it can suck up the bigger the pumpkin will get.

Long time no hear. How's it going?

Well I am starting to plan for next year. I still have some good giant tomato seeds. But, not sure which I should go with. Most aren't known for mega blooms but are phenomenal at putting out doubles, and making for big toms. I really want to focus on getting them started early so I have time to pick and choose my blooms. Hopefully going to let them get to the point where they have viable seed so I can use some of my own seed stock.

Hope to hear from y'all soon.

Not much going on here!
My giant cabbage snapped slightly at the stalk on some very windy days we had.  Its not all the way through but its going limp in the sun.
Another month or two and I'll start a pumpkin.

Got the vine buried in about 4 spots. Just over 2 months old. Has like 4 main vines going.

Still no Pumpkins. Not looking good for October weigh in...

20160817_142427.jpg

Even got a spider man vine growing up the fence

That's a great looking plant nonetheless. She might surprise you. Never been to Texas but I assume it's more like where I live in North AZ. I forget, when did you start the seed?

Nevermind I see it was in June. Again not sure what the weather is like there in TX, but maybe try to germ in early January. I'm really pulling for ya though, I hope something sets soon.

Great looking plant. Glad to hear there is some action happening with that sucker. Can't wait to see.

So I am currently in the process of building a DWC set up. I bought everything but ferts and pH stuff. Won't build it until I can get that stuff. I plan to grow a giant tomato in it next season. Maybe this season if I'm so inclined. Stay tuned, I'll be posting pictures of that bad boy.

Back