beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

HigherThisHeat said:
you got this! Brew on!

I just realized why I'm calm ... it's really just like making soap, but without the danger ...no HDPE bottles of lye to worry about!

* It'll be brew-night, on brew-day.

RocketMan said:
Pictures, the masses demand pictures

:)

If there's one thing you don't have to worry about ... it's that.
More worrisome is my thinking about how many batches it would take to cool a gallon through my ice cream maker, which has a compressor ;) ...
I think I'll just do it the classic way, in the pot, on the range ...

Then next week, I'll just do a cook w/ all the craxzy ideas, to get them out of my head ...

grantmichaels said:

If there's one thing you don't have to worry about ... it's that.

More worrisome is my thinking about how many batches it would take to cool a gallon through my ice cream maker, which has a compressor ;) .....
Naw man, throw some lime juice, Tripple Sec and Tequila in there and kick it into high gear

RocketMan said:
Naw man, throw some lime juice, Tripple Sec and Tequila in there and kick it into high gear

While I'm doing my cad, I'm imagining auto-siphoning back and forth from the boil pot to the ice cream maker ...

HigherThisHeat said:
Ain't no one ever been hurt from a little lye

So wait, have you started yet, or is it happening later on?

Running out to pick-up the bags of ice and some hamburger buns and some some ground beef and cabbage ... oh, and some wings ...

Beer-brewing tonight ...

I won't have the cooler bag thing until next week, so this one I'll have to maintain temp in a styro cooler w/ some ice water, or in the bathtub w/ a fan and the whole wicked-towel evaporating rigamarole ...

I just have to shop, come back and watch some sanitizing videos I forgot to watch last night, and then it's on ...

FreeportBum said:
when my hops are ready here if your still into this I will send a couple varieties to play around with. 

awesome.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427495378.090070.jpg

rainy-ass, dreary day, but it's still officially happening ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427495256.233033.jpg

got four bags of ice ...

along w/ a small sushi dinner to go, because kitchen's occupado ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427495286.916492.jpg

now i have to learn how to clean all the shit, and pray i have a tupperware to soak stuff in - something i neglected to consider in advance ...

i should have asked wheebz for a simple Reinheitsgebot recipe for my first ...

Update:

Danielle asked me to hold off until morning, since the gal fermenter doesn't fit inside the cooler, and she'll need the bathtub still for some dog baths, which I guess, have priority w/ having company Sunday. Stinky beasts ...

It's OK, I'll take advantage by running out for a paint bucket to sterilize in when I get up, so I don't have to use the huge stockpot (23 quart) that can only be cleaned outside w/ a hose for any of this ...

Soon.

Ok Grant, it's after noon, where the pics and report of your first brew day?

Only been up for an hour, ice hasn't changed state, and 2/3 dogs are washed ... one more dog, then it's on ...

I'm seeing some 'culture' that I should drink while brewing, too ...

I dont

never did, never do

i would hate to forget something during a brew day because i was drinking and take all that time and effort just to have to dump it down the drain because I had one too many

I'm going to do it, while having somewhat throttled expectations because of the ferm temp scenario until the cool brew bag comes later in the week for future batches ...

I though the gal fermenter would fit in the cooler, but it doesn't - as I type this, though, I realize I might have a pair of coolers that I can use together to increase the headroom. Off to check that out, now ...
OK, I think we're "good" ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427575460.013132.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427575469.477776.jpg

Should be OK, I'd think, considering they are expecting people to just put it in a dark place ...

Back