beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

ready once I am ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428371958.625083.jpg

HigherThisHeat said:

Already? Didn't you just brew the first batch this last weekend?

So you have all the bottling equipment I presume?

Yeah, I have some regular bottles (caps, and a cheap capper), and then I ordered a dozen 32oz swing-top's + sulfiter + tree + filling wand so that I can break gallons down into 4x "night's" as an option, and for sharing ...

I think I might want to add a bucket w/ a spigot, though, we'll see ...

I'm assuming I can use a filling want and an auto-siphon in one fell swoop, but if not, I'll need to add a bucket w/ a spigot, I guess ...

tctenten said:
Grant where did you order the swing tops from?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064ODUJ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I added this: http://amzn.com/B001CHHL9S- which should make it reasonably to work w/ the grain bag for a 5G batch out of the 20 qt SS pot via Maxi-BIAB ...

I really need to get my feet wet w/ the BIABacus this weekend, I hope ...

I think I've posted that I have a separate experiment that I'm working on, too ... using some of my sous vide gear ...

The missing link's been found, I think: http://amzn.com/B000I9OF6I

I'm expecting to be able to do place my sansaire in this basket and walk away for 90 min full-volume mash, while still getting really good temp control ...

We'll see ... lots of experiments coming up ...

fukitol - brew day!

the look on danielle's face in the car when I came out of the gas station w/ a bag of ice ... priceless.

i'm a real treat ...

going to brew an AG kit from midwest tonight, pride of dublin stout ...

the maillard malts grain pouch has a date (3/5/15) actually, which is always a good sign (coffee, loose leaf tea, everything) relatively speaking ... BBS doesn't print a date on their kit ingredients.

there's a packet of dry yeast, "munton's ale yeast" ? ... feel different in the little packets, like it's little balls or something perhaps, and not cake-y ... oh, and it has a use-by date, also a good sign ... BBS doesn't here, either.

the hops are .5 oz US fuggle ... nice to know what your hops are ... BBS doesn't. alpha on packet, which means you have some data to plug in to calculators if you want to tinker ... unlike BBS.

in looking at the instructions, there's a grain bill, too:
1.75 lbs Briess 2-row
.25 lb English Roasted Barley
.25 lb Briess Caramel 10deg L

comes w/ a grain bag/sock, which would help you find BIAB if you hadn't heard of it otherwise ...

time to drink a few more Florida Cracker's while i hump out my CAD/CAM programming for a few hours, and then i'll read the directions a couple of times and let her rip tonight ...

i'll have to store this one in a 2 gal plastic bucket, because i don't have replacement jugs since we broke the one last weekend ... oh well ... rather brew ...

RocketMan said:
Yep, you've got the brew bug Grant :)

indeed.

JoynersHotPeppers said:

i don't feel like programming ... can you tell?
HopsNBarley said:
Not that I have any experience brewing or bottling beer, but I thought I'd share this with you.
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/fastrack-beer-bottle-drying-storage-system.html
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brewing/brewing-equipment/bottling/fastrack-beer-bottle-drying-storage-system.html
Just a couple of links but pretty sure other shops carry them as well as your LHBS.
I have 4 sets of them I use as decoration and conversation pieces.

RDWHAHB

i saw those, but i'm thinking i'll move to kegging within a month or so ... especially since i have the co2 + regulator already ...

HopsNBarley said:
I don't feel like programming now either. That's the day thing..
I'm in the process of de-programming.

Quit typing and get your strike water up to temp.

Danielle's lobbying for my working + BBQ'ing tonight, and taking off work and making two gallons during the day tomorrow, instead ...

I'm working while I deliberate ...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428629327.640391.jpg

Need to organize ... bad.

grantmichaels said:

i saw those, but i'm thinking i'll move to kegging within a month or so ... especially since i have the co2 + regulator already ...
I have plenty of corny kegs as well as a kegerator and co2/regulators.
Can do ball lock, pin lock or Sanke. I still bottle a few.
Speaking of which... I got a couple hundred empties that I made this winter that need de-labeled.
Damn work...

HopsNBarley said:
I have plenty of corny kegs as well as a kegerator and co2/regulators.
Can do ball lock, pin lock or Sanke. I still bottle a few.
Speaking of which... I got a couple hundred empties that I made this winter that need de-labeled.
Damn work...

all i have to say to you is ... moar pictures, pleez ...

i'm leaving this here as a little reminder ... monitor all the f**king time ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428643815.441511.jpg

torching frozen steak ftw!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428643861.943048.jpg

take me to church, Meat Church ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428643908.413949.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428643939.030936.jpg

Sliced ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428643957.299496.jpg

A bit cliche, but ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428643975.921256.jpg

In more pertinent news, though ... looks like I'll be able to use the iGrill2 to get mash temps, w/ graphs, in 4x locations ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428644156.015140.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428644164.982579.jpg

and also, for getting an alarm to my iPhone when the wort comes down to 70F ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428644211.897391.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428644220.997359.jpg

#dataholic

Back