• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GNSLNGR 2013,14, and 1 to grow on 2015!,..Just some pics of another on the go "grow"

The grow begins....pictureless. Because everyone should be able to "minds eye" a picture of dirt. Dirt on the road.....
in the back of an FJ for afew days -parking managed by sun light availability.3 days later 1 65 watt halogen to keep em warm.
On the tenth day(10 days after germ beganso closer to 2 weeks), I head back to the ranch-metaphorically thinking...or typing-whatever;)!

Over watered, because got over dry, sink or swim kids.....if you make it, you will rule!
At this point , they're being fed with 2 strip flourescents and a 90 watt grolight.
One cat thought , awesome, it is warm, the humans fuss over this spot, so I will sleep here.I gently extricate cat, for it knows not what it does. I assume waking up in the air will get my point across, as far as "must not sleep there".Seems to work.Uno , my ever watchful Jack Russell Valkyrie Familiar, drives the exclamation point home by chasing "Lira"up the nearest tree.Not much damage due skillful cat handling ;).

3 weeks....getting a watering schedule dialed, most sprouts have returned to their precat status, and yes some got helped back "up".2 or 3 were brutally uprooted in frustration, which I played off as "Let that be a lesson to the rest of you!".No time for the sissy stuff this year.The missing plants have been split and put into 12 Oz'rs.
4 days after this, all potential plantlets were transplanted into 16/20oz cups. Yes I know"Its way to early said the choir"!!!!
Tough shit, hit the dirt, time to drive back to Houston.So I packed up the truck "and they moved to Beverly....", well Houston.
The next pic you will see one tupperware tray, the little kids get to stay home with the evil princess;).

I talk all this smack , and then notice when I get to Houston that the vibration has toppled half of the plants(narrow bases of the 16 oz cups walking around....ahhh F*ck,"We have casualties on the ground, I need air YESTERDAY! I say again...".Shit , Its 23:30.
In 30 minutes, they have been recupped and dual large bore IV'd.To prevent further damage, I seak out plastic cups at the nearest late night Indian owned gasvenience station.....What about beer you ask?....HeHeHe-I left home fully loaded, on ice, I hate driving around late at night looking for beer. I don't really like doing it for cups either, but you what you gotta do, or won't have a grow.The cups were(and did) to provide buffers for the tippers, and were placed inverted in various places to prevent VIT during additional transit required.Photo bucket crapped out so this is it for episode one.
Have a good one-
DJ

Addition relevant comments:
I believe new grow seeds for this round are all Chinense, and in order of appearance:
First up 1. Peach Bullets -R Alber; 2;Melissa's Black Scorpions Tongues -3 days.
Second up 3. Carolina Reapers-Pepper Joe/Ed Currie; 4. Bhut Jolokia X 7 Pot Douglah-Matt G; 5. 7 Pot Browns-OBN; 8. Bhut Jolokia x Cleo's Dragon-R Alber;-5 days
Third up 9. Jay's Peach Bhut -OBN; 10. Brain Strain Orange-OBN; 11.White Fatalli-R Alber; 12. TS Yellow x Bhut Jolokia Yellow-??, 13. Bhut Jolokia x Chocolate Hab-Matt G-7 days

Failure to lauch :The Pumpkin (not a Butch T)....Bummer, and 2 others......?????
At the end of the next 9 day stretch ,all were tx'd to 20 oz cups, and nice rootage;)
The beasts of the bunch-Melissa's Black Scorpions Tongues, and Then The Bhut Jolokia x Cleo's Dragons, all of which had 6-8 leaves on departing for Ghana.
Beers-
DJ

Thanks all,
Your right again Dew! It is Shiner time....Jamie:Bottles up brother! Shane....well, you probably got us covered already , right Super'Chief!

Well, instead of doing that(the update), I took a catnip and hit Galveston.....got some bubblewrap , and tape, parked the FJ in a windy ass side street, and a frantic melee to pack , stuff,  repair , and adress 5 boxes (yeah,I recycle too!) ensued!.(which was making a few local crack fiends a bit twitchy and nervous- :party: )....and then hit the post office with just a few ticking time bomb minutes left before they closed.

...successfully I might add.. I will also add that, that is not the ideal situation in which to assemble said packages in an efficient and timely manner....dammit forgot the newspaper stuffing....hey , but I do have some old road maps! Did I f#$king really just drop the black scissors , between the console and black seats..AGAIN! :woohoo: ..switch to a blade!...but I did git'r done!!!

I gotta get some flat time in, and THEN, I will get this biotch updated!!! :dance:

UPDATE TIME!
The patch is still going strong, though we had a hard freeze before I shagged outta there this trip....most of all the new growth  took a hit around the tips though.
Damn it Man strikes again.....

Choc Bhut x Yellow 7 Pot, Red Pheno; this is a very productive plant, and the pods have gotten huge.Several branches have collapsed during the season from poddage.Note the chlorosis on the lower leaves, pretty typical after one of my absences...when I get home, they all get to feast, when Ileave ...its famine time!

Douglah Bhuts , one of this years favorites.

Clockwise from upper left:Chocolate Scorps, Douglah Bhuts, Black Nagas, and Brown 7 Pots.

Black Nagas and Choclate Bhut x Yellow 7 Pots, Caramel Phenotype

CB X Y7 Red Phenotype

Bhut Jolokia x TS CARDI Yellow; out 3 phenotypes-this is the mean one....hopefully these seeds will repeat the performance next year....

The above pods.....see all that mean white covered in goo    ;)

Douglah x Moruga

CB x Y7 Caramel....

Hmm, I'm thinkin' this is all a post will hold.....so Bump it!There are a few more in waiting :woohoo:
So I'll be back after the gym and some lunch :shh:

Have a good one-
DJ

Rolling....

Impacts

Douglah Bhut Portrait ....

Inside of the above-mostly deseeded....they even come out of the freezer with that oil in frozen pools, this is a fresh one.

"Family" portrait

7 Pot Brown...next year I will up the ante on these guys, I transplanted a few midseason, and that pissed em off....low production.

Cthulhu!!.......a Douglah x Moruga looking evil....

And last but not least , the required seafood shot(crappy lighting).....

Charbroiled Oysters and Asiago cheese, these are just too damn good!!!!!!

Have a good one ...thanks for the bump Jeff-
DJ

Jamie has added to my arsenal for next year, all of course heavy on my want list....thanks bro!

Yeah, got em with me aboard the Polar Queen- needed the addy for a care package adress.

Damn, pods are running low..........the fridge in my stateroom.The brown bag is down to 3 satans(that ain't really runnin low, HOT :fireball: MF's)and a few choc habs, next over Not White Fatalii's, and 1-2 Jonah Yellow 7's(not as hot as I thought,we'll see what Jamies seeds do!), and bag of CBxY7f4 red pheno's, canning jar with some RED X 7, and a woozie of Brown 7 sauce, and a tuppy with Roasted /smk'd 7 Pot Brown,Douglah,Black Naga powder.....not shown is the breakfast blend of 7 Brains/Yellow Jonahs/Garlic and lemon pepper. Bring a bomb to a gunfight ,I always say ;)!

Taco improv time ....Salmon taco time, w/Brown 7 sauce, a choc hab and a CBxY7 Red...goat cheese, white cheddar,sweet peppers,red onions...where there is a will, there is a way.

The ROV(Remotely operated vehicle..."subs") Bay and forward moon pool on Polar Queen

Bringin the subs home, Mil 105 coming up through the forward moon pool of the Polar Queen-in the Gulf of Mexico, Mil 106 comes in through the stbd side.

A well "Jumper"(connects a subsea well with the pipeline manifold/ PLET) for LLOG's "Who Dat" field in the GOM.2,650' to go.....

Jeff....

My trunk Monkeys......just stop that slide.....My "6" Uno, 17 lbs of 500# Monster(SHE is a fiesty Jack Russell, that FJ is hers, not mine!)

oh hell, lets try 1 more.....
Molecby7_zpse15a59d3.jpg
[/URL]

Choc Bhut x Yellow 7 f4 ...not a Madballz, but the same thing. Forget about the stout , it tastes like ass.....;)!

Very enjoyable glog, Slinga!  The pods are totally
sick, and the seafood is awesome!

Cool pics of the sub, the peppers and the gun. What is the muzzle device? Too small to be a can, and pretty big for a flash guard.

Its just an improv muzzle sleeve- pushes out over the birdcage ,so thing don't go "clank" in the night......its just a rubber boot.Doesn't do much for flash when running .45 Super Express, but .w/45 auto it does a nice job(that's an Oly .45 upper).Nothing exotic here....

I tried to delete to second CBY7 pic , to no avail!

Back