• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Goat's Weed rocks!!!

Love this plant. This one is a overwinter. Very few of my overwinters made it so I guess this is a pretty tough plant. Already loaded with peppers. Not sure where I got the info last year, but it had the goat weed at 40,000 SKU and my small Thai Chilies at 80,000 SKU. While I'd have to say that my Thai's were at least that hot my Goat Weed was way under rated, these babies pack a punch and I love it! I would say hotter than my Thai's. One of my favorites, but I prefer to call it "Black Cobra". If you say your growing any kind of weed in my Valley it could bring on unwanted attention.  ;)

Nice.  No shortage of heat in Perris.

I may be willing to compromise and call these, "black goats" or "chile chivo negro".

One of my five goats has purplish leaves.  I'm hoping for fidalga roxa x chivo negro.

Picked a pod from my Goat 2-3 weeks ago and had nearly zero heat.  After roughly two weeks of 80+ temps and warm nights I picked one today and tried, blistering heat has arrived.  They sure do pack a punch for a non-chinense variety.  Still waiting on a ripe red pod to replenish my seed stores. 

cheers

. . . now have seeds available if anyone wishes . . .

That's kind.  I just started my last seven seeds since most my "goats" are looking . . . ungoatlike.

1566d5i.jpg

qqbvbt.jpg

Another plant has purple-tinged blooms and pods.  Another shows the expected white flowers but somewhat fat, green, pendant pods . . . maybe a mighty fine goatapeño?

The "accidents" could be as fun as the intended, though.

Yes, thank you.

First pod on that plant is pendant and a very dark, shiny purple.

Goats are probably too hot for me, anyway. ;)

Here's a couple shots of mine now they've started really killing it.

This one is my soil plant and I have been eating on them like crazy!

This one is my underdog from last year. I think I got 2 pods total off of it. I brought it in the kitchen and it grew all long and scraggly towards the window. I ended up pruning it way down and pulling it out of the dirt. Actually it was put in dwc the same time that I posted in this thread last. I'm using the Lucas formula and feeding it jungle juice and change the water every two weeks topping off with to water when necessary.

I promised myself I wouldn't pick any until therev was ripe ones all over so I could get a good pic of it in all it's glory! Anyhow that didn't happen and the hydro pods are twice as hot as my soil plant.

Back