• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Gonna Snausage Somefin'...

I'm going to give home smoked sausage a go, Andouille around here is a bit weak in the spice and way too fine in the grind, want a better source that doesn't involve a $17 shipping fee for authentic fare...What better than to do it myself with the help of THP friends? :party:

...but I'm not made of money, don't have space for the use OR storage of more processing toys, so I want to start with a simple hand stuffer, then work my way up IF it becomes necessary...

I'm looking at this as I type, any thoughts from the epicureans?

https://www.amazon.com/Sausage-Stuffer-Horizontal-Kitchen-Machine/dp/B07MGQY2NG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=hand%2Bsausage%2Bstuffer&qid=1572706740&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzOU9LTVVaU09OTlMzJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzA1NTQxU0hNTkoxQ0FRQVYyJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyNDIzNjhZVkJIT0ZJQkM4WjImd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1

Yes, it is small, 1 inch is the limit, but the price is absorbable and the function simple enough that even a caveman can do it. And it is small.

Am I in a good neighborhood?

PtMD989 said:
Does it mount up to the countertop by suction cup? It looks better and easier than my “ caulk gun” style stuffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, suction-mounted. We don't have any overhang for a clamp, so this should secure good, even better I'd think with a wet or oiled cup...

I pulled the trigger on caulking guns for 30 years, gave me the Arthur-it-is. Hand crank or levers are better for me. If I go motorized, I'm going with a twin-V gasser....dammit...

Back