• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Nice weather to remove more tomato plants. Slowly. I’m re-thinking 2024’s gardens and really downsizing the number of plants. Am planning a CG dinner after everyone has harvested and cleaned up their gardens. It should be a time for the good and sad of the year.
Have a great Saturday. Enjoy this Fall weather while you can.

Morning all - lovely Sunday is here with temps over 30C - the weather is mad
Home from holiday and back to the grind tomorrow.
The pepper plants have started flowering again and I've got a couple of rather large cucumber growing - just when you think it's all over.
Only plans for today are MotoGP, lunch and nap - plus clearing all the sand out of the car :lol:
Have a good Sunday and smile :D

Good morning. We set a record for a high of 91F yesterday. Quite toasty for the end of September. Fall should return soon, no freeze warnings yet. We’re going to deliver green tomatoes to a friend who moved to the mtns. She wants them for her famous pie - glad to oblige. It looks like a beautiful day with the trees just beginning to turn color.
Glad to see you back from vacation, Tink.
Enjoy your day. Stay rested and healthy.

Good morning. Happy October 1st! It's 65F on its way to 95F. A carbon copy of the last few days. Summer is still here in this part of Kansas. My wife is fixing Tex-Mex migas this morning. Doing some garden tear out after that. Watching football this afternoon. I noticed that the late corn harvest is in full swing on the large farms around here ..... that will be followed by the late beans later this month. Grilling a jalapeno and cream cheese stuffed pork loin later on (accompanied by some beverages). Be safe and be good. S.M.I.L.E.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's sunny and 54F, on its way to 79F. Should be a pretty day. Well, it looks like I just might be able to keep up with Sic today! Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and relax today.

Good morning. It's 60F on its way to 92F. The WX guesser says it will be the last day of 90F+ temperatures this year :think: ! We can only hope.
One meeting this morning then some proposal writing. Not sure what I'm going to do this afternoon. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Looks like a beautiful day ahead, with a cold front coming through tonight. WX says no freezes yet, but we did see snow on the mountain tops yesterday.
Monday errands, coffee group, CG whatever, then enjoy the Fall. Lots of cleanup at home, usual stuff.
Have a great day. Enjoy autumn’s colors.

Good morning. It's sunny and 57F, on its way to 81F. Beautiful day. WX says it's gonna be like this all week. Nice! Should be able to get some things done outside. Have a few errands to run, then home and maybe cut the grass. We'll see. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and enjoy the warm weather!

Good morning. It's sunny and 59F, on its way to 82F. Another nice one. Heading over to BIL's to do a few maintenance things, then grocery and home. I didn't do any of the things I planned for yesterday, so maybe today's the day, ha. I'm definitely NOT ready for 36F -- burrr. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and get the firewood cut and stacked.😲

Good morning. I got side tracked by work (imagine that) .... so I'm late posting this morning. It's 75F on its way to 87F. No more 90+ degree temperatures for this year. Office work this morning and then I'll most likely continue with the garden tear out. Rain tomorrow and much colder temperatures forecasted for later in the week. It indeed will be a great time to split that firewood. All my logs are cut to size .... I just need to split them. I've got 3 racks to split. I'll do a little each day once the WX cools a bit. Leftovers tonight. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and a chilly 49F, on its way to 83F. Was at the BILs all day yesterday, so I didn't get anything done around here. Hopefully I'll make progress on something around here today, ha. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and have a great day.

Good morning. 46-66F. Have been reading about 2 cold fronts cooling off the whole country, getting us all ready for winter. I’m not ready for that yet. The CG will have to wait until it’s a bit warmer today, but is slowly being cleared - at least my area. The garden at home will need a few pots coming inside for the winter. I don’t have much space so we’ll do a lottery today.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy the end of your gardens. Leftovers are always great.

Back