• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's overcast and 51F, on its way to 56F. Wanted to clean out the gutters on the house and the garage yesterday, before the overnight rain arrived. So, I got up on the roof and used the cordless leaf blower. Works like a charm! Beats being on a ladder or your hands and knees crawling along the roof. Of course, the rain never happened last night. Also cleaned out another row in the garden. Only 10 to go, haha. Today, I might process another ferment into a sauce. Not sure yet. Otherwise, I'll probably watch college football all day. Tough choice, lol. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there, and enjoy your weekend.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 32F on its way to 65F. The garden is done and put to bed. Watching college football today (there's a big game for this area later on this evening), puttering around in the barn, making a run for BBQ and a run to the liquor store. My wife has started getting ready for Thanksgiving. I'm on standby to do whatever she needs done. Be safe and be good.

Morning all, dry day yesterday so I made the most of it in the garden.
Rain again today - give me some cold, frosty mornings any time.
Luckily MotoGP is on today so a good excuse to stay indoors and watch TV and nap.
Have a good Sunday - keep dry, warm, calm and nap - I mean smile :D

Good morning. It's 45F on its way to 54F. Rain is supposed to start mid-morning and continue for the next couple of days. We need it. Yesterday, I got some pre-emergent applied in the flower beds down by the road ..... it looks like the timing is good. Watched a ton of college football yesterday and we're thankful for another win over our in-state rival. I'll probably watch a bit of NFL today. Chili dogs and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Morning. Been working in the house. Waiting for it to dry off. Late post. The joys of ADHD. Lol

Sic. That oddity fest sounds cool. I looked them up. In San Diego in the mid 90’s they had Museum of Death. Very odd stuff. They are not there anymore. They opened one in Los Angeles and New Orleans from what I heard.

Have a good day and enjoy whatever comes your way.

Morning all, another Monday comes around. Rain again. Hopefully it will bugger off this p.m. and let me get some dog work done.
Just made mulligatawny soup with lots of chilli of course and veg from the bottom of the fridge. Hurry up and be ready!
And that's about it for a wet Monday - keep dry, warm, and smile Tinks has made soup :D

Just checked the meteo and we have snow forecast😲
:D

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 42F (6C) on its way to 46F (8C). Rained on/off all day yesterday and today's forecast is for more of the same. It's a cold miserable Monday. Got some office work this morning then I'm not sure what I've got going on. Pizza tonight. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 26F, on its way to 48F. Chilly day. Errands to run today. Shifting into T-Day mode. Tink, you made me look, lol. No snow in our forecast for the rest of this month. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and start thawing out that turkey.

Good morning. It's 44F (7C) on its way to 48F (9C). Still cloudy and misty. Sic ..... nothing like some cattle decapitation. Sounds pleasant. Office work then helping the wife getting the homestead ready for T-Day guests. Leftover BBQ and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Chilly, but sunny. Looks like the low temps won’t get above the 20’s for awhile. Maybe the bugs won’t return en masse like they did this year. Wishful thinking.
Costco shopping as well as groceries this AM. Only family +1 at Thanksgiving, so we’ll have plenty of food for their leftovers.
Have a wonderful day. Stay warm and healthy. Keep the stress away, too.

Good morning. Currently raining and 38F, on its way to 45F. Calling for 1" of rain spread across the entire day. A great day to stay inside and start prepping for T-Day. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Stay safe out there and stay warm.

Back