• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 35F on its way to 58F. It's a brisk Friday AM and a cold start to the weekend. Happy belated B'Day well wishes to TB! I'm doing much better with only cold like symptoms now. I'll probably work on fishing tackle today. Still taking it easy. BBQ later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's overcast with drizzle and 50F, on its way to nowhere. Not a great looking day, but we still have a couple errands to run. Then home and work on a new sauce. Might do some dry seed processing as well. Glad you're feeling better Harry. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. Be safe out there and dodge the raindrops (or snowflakes).

Good morning. A bit frigid 27F before the sun warms us up. Today is DIL’s birthday, so we’re traveling a bit for celebrations. First is coffee group, post office, and neighbor’s dog.
I hear you, Chuck, with the removal of accumulated stuff. I’m guilty of keeping too much junk that I always think I’ll need. Good for you working on removing what you won’t use.
Have a wonderful Friday. Thank you veterans.

Afternoon all - another very wet day, I've been dashing in and out of the garden between heavy showers, it's been fun :D
Thank you for the birthday wishes, I had a really good day yesterday. Got a lot of gardening done and you can't wish for more than that.
Work cancelled today due to shitty weather.
Glad you're feeling better Harry.
Have a good Friday - keep dry, warm, calm and smile :D

Morning chickens - Remembrance Day is here, there's a ceremony at the memorial, the dead will be remembered, heads bowed and then a rousing burst of La Marseillaise. Then they all go for a vin d'honneur at the village hall. And Mr Tink normally staggers home 2 hours later :D
Cold and sunny this a.m. how it should be in November, hopefully the rain is going and frost is coming.
Not much planned for today - MotoGP qualifying and a takeaway curry for tonight, we're meeting the curry guy halfway :lol:
Have a good Saturday, be thankful to our military around the world and their sacrifices.
Smile it aint all bad :D

Glad Harry is feeling better. Picking up 6 rolls of hay this morning then wife and I are headed to a oddities festival in Tampa with a couple friends. Old man Schrock and his lovely wife. We all went last year and it was at a small venue, this year its at a big one. Should be cool with more stuff. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 32F (0C) on its way to 59F (15C). Closing the book on Covid 23 and moving on. Thanks to everyone for the get well wishes. Got the smoker going this morning (wings, sausage and a turkey breast). Nice crisp morning for it. Watching a few Premier League matches this morning and then college football. I've got some futzing around to do in the barn in between. Not much else is going on other than my wife told me she's making bread this morning and I saw she's got some bacon out .... it should start smelling real good around here in a bit :). I might sample a few beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's foggy and nippy at 33F, heading to 58F. Calling for sunshine and warmer this afternoon. Hopefully a pretty nice day. Have a couple of errands this morning, then home and some college football this afternoon. I need to start updating my seed inventory with this year's seeds. That will take a while. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and remember to thank our veterans, past and present.

Good morning. Late celebrations in college town last night with everyone out everywhere. It was a night to remember-not to do that again! I need a bit more sleep to recover!
Nothing much planned for today. We’ll be watching a few college football games and then meeting friends for dinner. Pretty quiet day.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and thank our military men and women for their service.

Good morning. Sunny with seasonal temps. I found a couple more elephant garlic heads so I’m hoping to find some space to plant them at home - maybe in a fabric pot. Nothing planned for today - think I’m partied out.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy Mother Nature and watch the leaves mulch the gardens when they fall. Thank you veterans.

Good morning. It's 42F on its way to 60F. Watching Premier League this morning and NFL this afternoon. Great day of college football yesterday. I've been told that I'm grilling a tri-tip later this afternoon. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Monday already with the sun starting to peek through. The week should be warm and dry, unusual but welcome. Monday errands, then we plan on filling the leaf bin with donated leaves that just appear at the CG. I also hope to plant that elephant garlic somewhere.
Enjoy your day, in the garden or in PJs. Stay warm and comfy. Hug a tree. Thank a vet.

Morning all - wet Monday is over and done with, let's see how Tuesday pans out - it's not raining yet, ssssshhhhhh
Work today all day let's see if it stays dry.
Lots of flooding around here, culverts running over onto roads, massive puddles in fields - think I might start off rice growing.
Have a good Tuesday, keep warm, dry and smile :D

Back