• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 26F on its way to 48F. Should be a nice warm day with plenty of sunshine. Need to haul some firewood up to the house then probably watch some soccer this morning and CFB later on. Got out some ribeyes to grill this evening. Went to our favorite warehouse liquor superstore the other day (up in the city) and its changed. Apparently, it was bought out by some new outfit. Everything is now on shelves and organized. Way too fancy for us. I couldn't find anything. I guess I'll go back to shopping local and paying a bit more. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 30-54F with the snow blanket just hanging around on the lawn. We’re hoping to return a birdbath that was purchased in May. The ‘pottery’ glaze is chipping off too easily. Hopefully we can get reimbursed.
Have a safe weekend, ring in the new, maybe 2024 will be a better year.

Morning all - yes it's Sunday and NYE
Sun and showers here.
I've been having a lovely week of mostly TV, reading and snuggling with the cat - bliss.
Whatever you're got planned for tonight have fun, peace, booze, pjs - whatever lights your candles and smile :D
And I'll see you lot on the other side :dance:
:metal:

Good morning. It's sunny and 26F, on its way to 46F. Not much planned for today - just chillin. Hope everybody has a restful and peaceful Sunday. Be safe out there, especially since it's New Year's Eve, and get that list of resolutions completed. They start at midnight. 😉

Good morning. It's 27F on its way to 35F. Cold, cloudy and windy. Been working on internet/wireless issues this morning. When you live out in the sticks in an "under-serviced" area ..... stuff happens. Seems to be OK now. Not much sleep last night .... stomach issues .... I expect it's because I ate too much junk yesterday. Going to watch some futbol and football today. Grilling hamburgers this afternoon. Beverages later on. 1st New Year's resolution: I will not have more than 25 tomato plants in the garden in 2024 :banghead:. Be safe and be good. S.M.I.L.E.

Have to go to mobile home park and check things out today once it warms up a bit. Belt tensioner on one of the mowers broke yesterday so thats a issue. Im sure shop isnt open today either, hopefully they wont have to order part. Still under warranty and its winter so thats good. Chilling this afternoon. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning and Happy New Year everybody! It's cloudy and 38F, on its way to nowhere. Feels like 34F. Chance of flurries this afternoon. Now this is a great way to start the new year - not! Hopefully there's not a lot planned for today, other than watching some good (hopefully) CFB. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday, and don't forget to eat your black-eyed peas, for good luck this year.

Good morning. 28-50F today, nice way to start off a new year. Here’s hoping for a more normal weather season - last year almost made me quit gardening. I don’t make resolutions as they’re too hard to keep. I just plan on downsizing the garden and trying to help the 2 newbies in the CG.
Coffee group, a couple of errands, then a peaceful beginning to the year.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and happy.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 36F, on its way to 44F. Calling for mostly sunny. Should be an ok day. Finally saw two good football games yesterday. The next one should be a good one as well. Not sure what's planned for today. I guess it's time to start thinking about what peppers to grow this year. That might take a while, lol. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and ha a great day.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 27F on its way to 42F. Frosty out there now ..... but should be a nice warm day. Probably do some office work this AM. Need to start thinking about income taxes ..... *&%$! Need to check the hot tub chemistry and refill the firewood rack on the front deck. That's about it for today. Crockpot chicken for dinner. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Morning all - Hump Day is here already - days are flying by soon be time to start thinking about planting up some seeds :lol:
It's a lovely sunny day out there, so out in the garden this afternoon to do some tidying up.
I've already been clearing out, throwing away and cleaning out my spice racks and boxes 😇
Have a good Wednesday, keep calm, warm, dry and smile :D
Happy birthday Chuck 🍰

Good morning. It's 26F on its way to 43F. Freezing fog right now but it's forecasted to turn sunny this afternoon. Working for a bit this morning and then I have no idea what I'll be doing. Probably just do some chores. Chicken enchiladas this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Back