• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Got Rennies ?

Wow if this board was responsible for the advent of a new variety that is really cool! It's too bad there seems to be bad blood surrounding its birth.

SW. Please do a review. Like watching your videos.

"Wild picked" seeds
4D6FC5BF-01B2-4CD8-99FD-6D8F8749D624-551-00000047CAC501CF_zps79ea8995.jpg

FF21FF96-D74C-41E8-8363-957E56677AA4-551-00000047C7E1A394_zps6c94543f.jpg

From TEXs 2012 grow

No secret here Vincent. Hahah. I got mine via TEX. and Shane got them from me. I'd share. But don't have anymore as I shared. Focusing back. TEX. SW. That's nice to see it pod up. I'm light years behind pods

Rennie is the name of a brand of indigestion tablets in the UK.
Seems quite fitting, because that looks like its gonna be giving your stomach a lot of pain! ;)

8835065898_f29a43c412_h.jpg

Here is my plant thus far...I thought she was still dropping all her blooms due to the cool night temps but...

8835061464_a9f10f5acf_h.jpg

upon closer inspection I found this well developed pod! Sweet!!! I love surprises like this! 

cant wait for my rennies to produce have about 5 plants.. waiting for them to pod up. seed wise if armac says people can give them out i will send them to whoever would like to try them but with armac permission of course being he is the one who gave me them.

Nice pod really nice, I for one would love to grow one, when seeds become available.
I don't care where they came from, to me they could come from a clearing on the side of a volcano
or the back of a out house. 
A good pepper is just what it is, nothing more nothing less.

I'll be doing my best to isolate a few pods and spread some love later in the season. This first pod I would suspect crossed with one of its neighbors since it was still dropping most of its flowers I don't think it had any pollen yet. So the seeds are probably a Rennie x Barrackpore or a Rennie x Yellow Cardi Scorpion I would imagine. I will give my impression of flavor for sure once it ripens. I started with 2 seeds...one popped. I don't think anyone on here is gonna try to hoard or keep secrets.

stc3248 said:
I'll be doing my best to isolate a few pods and spread some love later in the season. This first pod I would suspect crossed with one of its neighbors since it was still dropping most of its flowers I don't think it had any pollen yet. So the seeds are probably a Rennie x Barrackpore or a Rennie x Yellow Cardi Scorpion I would imagine. I will give my impression of flavor for sure once it ripens. I started with 2 seeds...one popped. I don't think anyone on here is gonna try to hoard or keep secrets.
Have to disagree here, there are some hoarders in our hobby. In my next batch of seeds I get from Trinidad, the hoarders will be excluded.......live and learn.

BTW, your Rennie looks great, as does all your plants.

I got some HUGE morugas ripening as we speak, may post a pic of them.

Hi Tylerdodd please put me on your list as I would love to grow this pepper in my 2014 garden I'll even suply pics of it and give away my seeds to be spread around if any one wants them as I don't have room to hoard seeds.

Shane... looks like the ones i gave your are obviously from TEX's '12 grow.. still looks nice.. you are a grower.. you have pods already while mine are barely starting to wake up... and to think i sowed like 6 weeks ahead of you.. haha

left is TEX '12 grow and middle and right are the WILD PICKED...

if i had more seeds i share.. but no mas...

i am getting a REALLY late start as its been so cold down here and i have no way to keep the house warm to germinate seeds, but i will get one of these growing as i was one of the lucky ones to get seeds straight from Armac, will post up pics once mine get rolling and it will be one i will grow in the hydro bucket so we shall see!

Back