• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Ground Chuck Burgers, The Best

moyboy said:
I am still seriously thinking about getting a mincing machine so I can start grinding my own meat......(on second thought, that didn't sound right) I would like to start experimenting with sausages when I get the UDS going.....

I would have thought a good burger meat would have had pork mince in it as well??

Will you be building this alleged "mincing machine"? Will it have a setting for "mince" as well as "grind"? Make sure it has a switch that goes from "beef" to "pork" so you can "grind" either one. Better yet, get a 3 way switch that goes from "beef" to "pork" to "FAIL".

Salute', TB.

Like this?

128892630403840389.jpg

I had to do a second reply as to not spoil the first one, I like both ground sirloin and ground pork in my burgers. Somewhere between a 2-1 and 3-1 ratio. Totally agree though Boss that chuck is the way to go for all beef burgers.

texas blues said:
Will you be building this alleged "mincing machine"? Will it have a setting for "mince" as well as "grind"? Make sure it has a switch that goes from "beef" to "pork" so you can "grind" either one. Better yet, get a 3 way switch that goes from "beef" to "pork" to "FAIL".

Salute', TB.

I'm not really sure if I woke up yesterday and ended up in the twilight zone cause I seem to be getting insulted a lot more in the last 48 hours then is usually the case....:think:

Lucky i'm such a great guy and can handle the pressure.....

s4swbbjpg.gif

moyboy said:
I'm going to hire someone to dispose of him....:lol:

Yeah! And they could use like....an empty 55 gallon drum that's not being used, to hide the body!

(I'm sorry Moy, I had to go there)

Salute', TB.

texas blues said:
Yeah! And they could use like....an empty 55 gallon drum that's not being used, to hide the body!

(I'm sorry Moy, I had to go there)

Salute', TB.

No.....You didn't HAVE to but you did anyway and I can respect that...:lol:

Back