• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown: Prik Kee Noo Suan!: Prik a peck of peppers!

Wow that was not fun harvesting all those peppers. Gonna take a shower and eat before I get an accurate count but each bag should have 100 pods + or minus a few.
sHPvjxM.jpg

I pulled all 'full sized pods...red pods; 184 + green / brown pods; 151 = 335 pods total.

There are about a couple hundred tiny new buds and pods forming.  The Prik Kee Noo is one hell of a producer  :halo: .

I think I'll make a vinegar sauce with them.

Man, I might actually miss the deadline for picking :mope:

Its been crazy busy the last 2 weeks, I tried to get to the picking last night, but I ran out of daylight. Hopefully I can get to it tonight.

I am really glad that everyone is enjoying this pepper. I hope it makes some great sauces!

scratchzilla said:
Where's Dan? He's been quiet lately.

Last day everyone! Get those peppers picked!

Dan said he would be out of town a couple pages ago. I assumed he would pick early, but I guess not.

Island_Dan said:
You are still going to win. I messed up also. I won't get my pods to ripen in time and then I will be out of state during the end of this. Have to fly to Florida next week.

So I went out to grab my plant for harvesting last night, and it appears the birds were back at it. I only saw about 30 ripe pods, so I just decided to leave it.

It looks like Lock is our winner? At this point I don't even remember what the prize was, or if I ever defined exactly what the prize was.

Lock, which would you prefer, powders or fresh pods?

I apologize if someone else had a higher count than Lock, I don't have time to go back through the last 10 pages of the thread right now.

Scratch, PM me what you would prefer as well, I want to reward you for running this contest.

1628576649_1365679361.jpg

I didn't know there was a prize. I think I would rather have powders since I already have more fresh pods than I know what to do with.

1st Place:The grower with the largest number of peppers will receive;Pepper Joe's Gourmet Hot Sauce 5 Pack, Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Trio Of Fire Roasted Hot Sauce

2nd Place:The grower with the next largest number of peppers will receive;Pepper Joe's Exotic Hot Sauce 5 Pack, Lucky Dog Hot Sauce 2 Pack

Honorable Mention:The grower to produce the third largest number of peppers;A bottle of Lucky Dog's Hot Sauce, 3 Packs of Chili Powder from Joyner's Peppers

Alright guys, the contes has ended and the counts are in. I hope you guys have had a chance to peek in on the grows from time to time, the plants were beautiful.

The standings are:
Lock203: 807
Scratchzilla:630 DISQUALIFIED
SanPatrico: 335
Jeff H: 180
roper2008:177
pepper head: 72

So it looks like lock203 takes 1st, SanPatrico takes 2nd, and Jeff H, in third.

Lock, SanPatrico, and Jeff H, send out some pms to Pepper Joe, Lucky Dog Hot Sauce, and Joyner's Peppers to collect your prizes.

Pepper Joe goes on vacation Sunday, so he needs to hear from you tonight to send out your packages....hurry!

Thanks again to everyone who participated, Pepper Joe, LDHS, and Joyner for donating prizes, and TGPS for his donation of seeds!

Congrats, lock, SanPatrico, and Jeff H for your outstanding harvests, and also to everyone else, we're all winners!

Back