• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown: Prik Kee Noo Suan!: Prik a peck of peppers!

And a special award for Dan....

3a059586143aa1bc3ebdf63aa582ce07_zpsed0ae9d5.jpg

Great idea   :woohoo:   I am curious to see how many pods I can get on the 'second round' push from my plant - Even though I broke off :doh:  the largest of four branches during harvesting. 

Man, I forgot when the due date was for this :)

I have like...3 or 4 ripe peppers on my plants. A billion green guys, though. No challenge, there, heh.

SanPatricio said:
Great idea   :woohoo:   I am curious to see how many pods I can get on the 'second round' push from my plant - Even though I broke off :doh:  the largest of four branches during harvesting. 
Once I got my hands on one of these, I don't think I've broken a branch while harvesting.
8Pv02bu.jpg

My plant looks like I never harvested it. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this second round of peppers. 

"My plant looks like I never harvested it. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this second round of peppers."

We could open all the pods and take a count :banghead: of the total # of seeds !  :crazy: 

Seriously, you could feed some to the birds.  - I learned Cardinals like them, they showed up for harvest just as soon as pods started turning red.

Great job everyone! Writing this from my hotel in Washington DC. Was in Florida last week and leaving tomorrow for Cleveland and then Chicago by the weekend. I hope all my plants are still alive at home!

I am so sorry that I was not able to complete this grow down but will update anyway on what the plant looks like when I do get back home next week some time.

I will take any jokes and heat that is thrown my way for all the arrogant posts I made earlier hahaha. Great job the winners of this one!

When I left, my plant had maybe 30 ripe pods and upward of 400 green ones. I put all the plants outdoors before I left and asked my uncle to just add tap water to the buckets and ensure the air pumps continue running. In the basement they would have died without care.
I just hope I come home to alive plants. I already got one call saying that the aquaponics and air pump went some unknown amount of hours being off when the breaker tripped after a heavy rainfall short circuited the extension cord.

He said the plants looked okay but some fish died from lack of water circulation and oxygenation.

Zack - Be careful giving compliments to Danny.  He puffs up real easy and since he 
has to go to Chicago (the 'Windy city'), he could blow away !  we might never hear
from him again.  :liar:  :rofl: 

8435266140_7650f90e8d.jpg

Back