• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2016 !!!

Hey..... win, lose.... sprout, don't sprout.... It's all in good fun just hanging out to watch the banter and enjoy the humor of the members here!  My seeds are still being stubborn but I'll keep plugging away for another week or two.  Whatever happens you can count me in for next year!   Thanks for organizing this Growdown.... I know it takes some time and money .... and I just want to say "I appreciate it!".  

No need to apologize romy.  I'm still waiting patiently for my seeds to pop, and even if they don't, I will enjoy watching the results of others efforts.

Nil illegitimi carborundum.

Jamie, you always go above and beyond for us.Taking time to send goodies or work on contests like this.The reason I stayed interested and totally enjoy getting my hands in the dirt is because of people like you buddy.

I for one have been honored to participate in the last several growndowns. I've had my butt handed to me watching some really talented growers here, AND it's fun! Yeah I want to win, who doesn't? 99% of the fun is the friendly banter we have going on. Who doesn't like to jack with their buddies?

I do appreciate the seeds and the work involved putting this together. AND would be more than willing to help offset the costs and labor if we can do this again.

Seeds are seeds, some pop and some don't..

Now again, 'yall that did have seeds pop, there are plenty of good recommendations in this and prior years growndowns as to properly handle these babies once sprouted. One in particular I've always liked is the diesel treatment.

Keep it green 'yall!

Damn.  Plan B just fell through.  I was going to just pick up a plant at Cross Country Nurseries but they are sold out!  I just ordered some seeds from Rainbow Chiliseeds dot com.  Plan C is now in action. 

Lo and tremble in the wake of this mammoth leviathan--- towerly, as it scrapes the sky!!!

IMG_7924.JPG

Boom baby!!! It is on like donkey kong, son!!!  :dance:

I personally was bitching due to frustration. I by no means meant to direct it at the organizers of this awesome yearly event. Some years just suck... I do appreciate all the work and money that has to go into this event.

So sorry for my little girly complaining...

Hang in there, 1 month and 2 days.  I made a face.

Edit: I can't do math, 24 days.

No need to apologize, even if this sprout turns out to be a bell.   :)  I'm grateful to be included among so many talented growers.  Pepper people rock, but y'all take it a step further hosting this competition.  

560DC773-1DAF-4FD7-9554-99A8D7D55C31_zpsuripst64.jpg

3B2D1BDE-A5E9-42B4-83B5-347BB764FB07.png_zpsedbda8u4.jpeg

Back