• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2016 !!!

chiltepin said:
If you don't want to pee on your PS's, and many people don't--- just add a cup of Apple cider vinegar to the soil around the base of your pepper.... :-).
 I'm all for battery acid with a pinch of diesel to stabilize the PH :shh:  Just don't tell anyone how well this works....I think I need to apply for a patent..

I am laying the gauntlet down.In the Best of the Rest group I have made a yardstick modified from defending Champ Terry's(tenten) winning plant. My Starfish is 16inches.That's exactly how many inches it has on my PS.
DSCF9821.jpg

DSCF9820.jpg

Ok, So...

After watching the Peruvian Serlano stand still while the other seedlings soared high above it towards the warmth of the MH bulb, I decided to do this:

27073712412_f066689687_b.jpg

Gently teased the roots from all soil in question and repotted with some stuff I mixed up, as opposed to the store bought, bagged crap...

One week later we have this....

27100135561_b51fb9b51a_b.jpg

Immediate response to being repotted in a better soil environment! 

It's on now boy's. Good luck, here I come :) 

I came home May 17th to find that my PS had damped off while I was away on business.  I typically let my plants dry out and then give them a good soak before leaving for several days.  This time it was too much.  I was heartbroken.  The sight really punched me in the gut and took my lunch money.

BUT y'all sent me seeds so I wasn't about to stop there.  I cut the bad area off, stripped most of the leaves and prepped it for cloning.  One week later she is sad looking, but there is new growth starting.  I might be out of the competition, but I'm hopeful for at least one pod.  I'll keep posting.  Happy growing!  Have a safe Memorial Day.  A big thank you to those who served and those that continue to serve!

5F16B232-A76C-4F59-9C89-EF51EB24F93B_zpsxzvl1pbi.jpg

E3B7C30B-F91C-4D3A-81F2-7EBF54D815EA_zpsev2yutus.jpg

093F12C0-1C6C-441C-988B-DCB833792239_zpsbxwytlkw.jpg

NeedsWork said:
I came home May 17th to find that my PS had damped off while I was away on business.  I typically let my plants dry out and then give them a good soak before leaving for several days.  This time it was too much.  I was heartbroken.  The sight really punched me in the gut and took my lunch money.

BUT y'all sent me seeds so I wasn't about to stop there.  I cut the bad area off, stripped most of the leaves and prepped it for cloning.  One week later she is sad looking, but there is new growth starting.  I might be out of the competition, but I'm hopeful for at least one pod.  I'll keep posting.  Happy growing!  Have a safe Memorial Day.  A big thank you to those who served and those that continue to serve!

Now that's dedication. If you want some advice, remove the largest leaves. It will help with transpiration during rooting.

Growdown Peruvian Serlano, well on its way to being the tallest, weirdest plant you've ever seen. Hopefully! 

27251650832_289a4d8031_b.jpg

As you all know by now, I'm not big on pruning plants. Normally, I just let them pump out the growth and the pods as they see fit. With this plant however, I will be implementing a very focused pruning regimen. Planning on letting this one grow in 85 gallons of compost and other goodies. Train it up the gutter downspout on the back patio  :)

NeedsWork said:

I'm pulling for ya!

Back