• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2016 !!!

sirex said:
My Serlano.  Got a Tropical Storm about to roll through so it's on the porch for now.

yabkrJl.jpg

hYX2274.jpg

E0K8QoI.jpg
Nice! That's about what mine looks like.
bpiela said:
I don't need to be in.  I will just stop by from time to time, post a pic and hopefully sample a pod every now and then.   No biggie.   I don't want to cause any troubles.   Truthfully, there is no way I would win.  Did you see how big the Thai Orange Large was last year?  I have never grown anything half that height.  Good luck to all!
No trouble at all! Really! Just trying to extend the contest

My Serlano died in my Aerogarden. Lol it looked great for awhile and never grew anymore. I went to transplant it to some soil and it appeared to have dampened off. Never had that happen in the Aerogarden. It had about 5 sets of true leaves too. I guess I'll look back at my notes and pick a different plant from that time.

Pepper-Guru said:
I get that. I just wanted to know who all got a Serlano to sprout.      I get we opened it up to any seed sowed after Feb 14th but ordering an 18inch plant from a company? Is there a "date sowed" on the label? Cool either way, but hell, if we don't even care about sow date, why end the contest on Halloween?! My grow season can go well into Nov-Dec here...

Also, why the last year? Do we need more people that are willing to send out seeds? If so, I'd be happy to send seeds for future contests.

Main reason I am done( I should say we )  is  most of my team has already left the building and rarely  post here anymore nor participate  .We have had several amazing members step up and help with seed dispersal and we are very thankful so that was not the issue .  With so many things going on we just don't have the time we used to and our seed stock obviously isn't  what it used to be .  . I am sure somebody ( maybe you ) can keep the candle lit and keep the growdown  going next year and many more . 

As for why allow Bpeila  to buy a plant and use it . Like I said this entire contest has been a flop so why not give him a chance . He is one of the very few that even post updates . And you can look at the plant and tell it hasn't been sown very long ago . If it is over 4 months old which I highly doubt it has to be shocked/root bound  to be that small . I hope he does decide to play because we need players . As for extending the contest . We thought about that but that would be totally unfair to our Northern Brethren who don't have the novelty of growing that late into the year . 

My Peruvian is ready to head out into the real world . Just letting all the tropical weather pass just to be safe 

IMG_6253.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

romy6 said:
Main reason I am done( I should say we )  is  most of my team has already left the building and rarely  post here anymore nor participate  .We have had several amazing members step up and help with seed dispersal and we are very thankful so that was not the issue .  With so many things going on we just don't have the time we used to and our seed stock obviously isn't  what it used to be .  . I am sure somebody ( maybe you ) can keep the candle lit and keep the growdown  going next year and many more . 

As for why allow Bpeila  to buy a plant and use it . Like I said this entire contest has been a flop so why not give him a chance . He is one of the very few that even post updates . And you can look at the plant and tell it hasn't been sown very long ago . If it is over 4 months old which I highly doubt it has to be shocked/root bound  to be that small . I hope he does decide to play because we need players . As for extending the contest . We thought about that but that would be totally unfair to our Northern Brethren who don't have the novelty of growing that late into the year . 

My Peruvian is ready to head out into the real world . Just letting all the tropical weather pass just to be safe 

IMG_6253.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr
Did they succumb to Facebook? Will you, too, leave the building?

Roguejim said:
Did they succumb to Facebook? Will you, too, leave the building?

I will not be leaving and no lotta factors but mainly  just life getting in the way . Anyone that has been following the last 3 growdowns should know who they are . I will leave it at that . 

Roguejim said:
I'm afraid how big Cheri's might be. That was her name, right?
I got out of work late last night and did not get a chance to get a pic. Will do that in the am while I am off work.

It is doing ok, but much slower growing then most of my plants.
Sorry I have not been updating as often as I should. Will try to do better

romy6 said:
I will not be leaving and no lotta factors but mainly  just life getting in the way . Anyone that has been following the last 3 growdowns should know who they are . I will leave it at that .
I've been in the last two or three and I don't.

The fun of the "growdown"was ,and is the interaction of other growers in a friendly ribbing.Those  so intent on your participation ribbon piss me off.

102.jpg

My Serlano "wanna be", somehow survived the ratta invasion...LOL

And yeah, life does get in the way sometimes. Job, kids, family, and way too much crap to do around the place. I do my best to get on here and relax though ;)

As for Bpeila, I say you go! Simply not enough entries this year.

Back