• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2017 Aji Lemon Drop!

You guys are so lucky with plants already poddin' up!

This is my plant, recovering nicely after the freeze damage somewhere in April. Doing fine but no flower buds yet...
My annuums do much better with ripening pods. The only baccatums with flower buds are omnicolor and sugar rush peach.

20170525%20115139%20DMC-LX100%2034.00mm%20f5.60%20ISO200%20P1000952a.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Yup Il be set for next year, looking forward to the next one. Fortunate for all those in the warm climates :)
Heck, anyone can grow peppers in Florida   :rofl:
Try growing them in the UK, Canada, or PNW.
There's a challenge!

Just kidding - every zone has its own problems,
some of which I'm glad we don't have to deal
with in my neighborhood.

Going out to grab a couple of pics of my 3 LDs.  
Will make a nice counterpoint to all the awesome
plants I've seen on this thread   :lol:

dragonsfire said:
Still have to watch the night temps, their +7c right now and have been hovering around +5c, 15 high today :(
Yikes, still pretty chilly there!  We have finally turned
the corner with most nights above 50˚F (10˚C)in the
ten day forecast.  Hopefully the trend continues. We
will still have some cool, rainy weather in June - hoping
it's minimal.

I'll chime in on that. I think it's overkill. We are already heavily relying on the honor system with most people having more than one LD. A pic of the weight and maybe a running total included in the post?

Just my thoughts as this contest evolves.

I've also thought if we should put a cap on number of harvests/weigh-ins, making it more strategic. But, this limits folks who want to harvest throughout the season. Personally, I like grabbing a few off the plant to cook for dinner throughout the summer.

Back