• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2018 Yellow Brain Strain!

In the dirt!

xHlIp3z.jpg

Edit:  Happy New Year!!  :D 

Masher said:
Waiting on seeds, but also waiting for Feb 15th before starting seeds.  :dance:

My Jan 1st start last season was way to early....I had plants ready for outside by March but the weather didn't cooperate until late May, early June.
Was in the same boat, but planted them April 1st just to RISK IT ALL! Boy did it pay off. I was picking peppers by the end of April and it didn't stop until late November! 

Pepper-Guru said:
Was in the same boat, but planted them April 1st just to RISK IT ALL! Boy did it pay off. I was picking peppers by the end of April and it didn't stop until late November! 

I tried the same....but I already had pods from indoor HID set ups.

They all had to re-grow new growth sending them into shock and very late season pod growth.

It totally screwed up 50% of my 100 plants I grew.

Lesson learned, I can wait an extra month.  ;)

Masher said:

I tried the same....but I already had pods from indoor HID set ups.

They all had to re-grow new growth sending them into shock and very late season pod growth.

It totally screwed up 50% of my 100 plants I grew.

Lesson learned, I can wait an extra month.  ;)

The soil in my plot was so soft and ready after tilling in the cover crop of rye...walking in it sank you up to the calve muscles. There was barely a lag time at all, the plants just accepted it as a nice nutrient dense potting up of sorts and things took off. Shade cloth at 30% made a HUGE difference with all the exotic varieties too. 

Seeds were a bit crushed up by the usps machines.
Sorted them out by the level of damage and there are still probably a couple of winners there.
I don't have any FFOF yet(last years sucked), but I thought I may try an Aerogarden start on a couple plants.
If they don't like that treatment I'll start more in dirt in March.
9tlAxoi.jpg

TJyM74I.jpg

Soakin

Back