• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2018 Yellow Brain Strain!

Geonerd said:

Are you going to give all gardening a pass this year?   :confused:

No Greg, but I'm not sure yet what my plans for it are. The Aji Mango I'm overwintering is deliciously dormant, I have an Aji Amarillo still ripening small pods in a south facing window, as soon as they're done I'll be cutting that back as well.

I have all the seed I could possibly use this next season, except for a couple varieties of Rocoto I'd like to try and a Turkish bell that Moruga Welder grew last season (Antep Aci Dolma) that I really want some to stuff.

My dirt is in distress, ph off the scale and nutes not in balance. I'm calculating space and materials for a container grow, which may limit my project. The 8th acre will still host all other vegetables, though I have some tomato killing fungus that needs neutralized out there.

For this year, the varieties that did NOT produce last season will be shelved for now, mostly superhots. Your Fatale gave me 3 pods all season.

So yeah, I'll be growing, I'm just in a data-extrapolating mode. Also powder grinding. I have a lot of dried peppers still waiting.

Alright, Eric, good to take a 'break' now and then... life happens.
Enjoy your kids now cuz' it will be over before you know it!  Then,
you can really begin in earnest  :party:

Your plans sound great - good luck and Happy New Year!  

:cheers:

ColdSmoke said:
I have my own Yellow BS seeds I could send out but they aren't from the same heritage as what everyone else got. Hoping to receive mine before the weekend...
Anyone that hasn't received seeds by the new year needs to get with either Devv or I. We will resend for any holiday postal issues etc. I'm thinking just severe delays, but we will take care of anyone that ended up without. A few days won't make a difference. 

Good to see that you're building on this year's success with another growdown!

Can't wait to follow along again!

And I see my Kaotic arch-nemesis is taking part?!?! I am sorely tempted to give it a go myself, but I don't think this year will be the year for me to try. Not at this stage, anyway.

Will you accept late entries if you have spare seed? I'm talking 1/4 of the way through 2018 late.

If only I lived in Queensland, then this would be a cinch...

Good luck to all!

Pepper-Guru, my seeds have arrived today, thank you.
They will go to the soil in 2 days, 9 hours, 42 minutes, 00 seconds

stopwatch-300x261.jpg

KAOS said:
My seeds may or may not arrive, but the hype is ever-present.

For now I will plan my attack and offer a glimpse of the latest arsenal to strike fear into the rest of the grow-down bumpkins.

1aFILEminimizer.jpg

It's Northern Hemisphere spanking time

:metal: :metal: :metal:

What the hell is it, a mutant trash dumpster? 
crackmeup2.gif

Ya know, if you place that blasted contraption directly in an active fumarole, the plants will get PLENTY of warmth and minerals!   :D

Back