• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2018 Yellow Brain Strain!

Pepper-Guru said:

If you don't like Fatalii, you'll be happy to know the Yellow Brain Strain is just like that and for me, at least, they trade back and forth on heat level. Different burns but sometimes I swear Fatalii is the hottest pepper I've put in my mouth. The thing thats great about them is how the flavor lasts all day, even in burps...ha
Two of my favorite peppers besides certain asian annums and peruvian white chinense

Yea, I've heard this from a lot of people.  The Fataliis I've grown, particularly the red variety, seem much hotter than the raw SHU would indicate.

Geonerd said:
Looks like we have a winner!  I think I might already have some Y.B.S. seeds from P.L.    If so, I'll start soaking them in the nitroglycerin when I get home from work today!   :dance:
All seeds have to be from same source! As it stands now, YBS wins by one. Waiting on Mill or THP to close the poll and rename the thread to reflect the variety. Post editing permissions suck big time around here lately. I have seeds for everyone if everyone is ok with that. Otherwise we all order from an agreed upon vender, but yeah. All seeds must come from same stock. Also, seeds cant hit water or dirt before Jan 1st 2018

Walchit said:
I would be fine using your seed or ordering from somewhere, if your supplying seed send me your PayPal
Again, not necessary but greatly appreciated. Lord knows I send out free seeds all year long every year so anyone that knows me knows I love to share. If interested PM me personally via the messaging system here or on the Pepper Guru Facebook page.

Pepper-Guru said:
If Fatalii or Yellow Brain Strain win, I could possible provide seeds. Should have plenty.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?

I'd like to take you up on the seeds for the grow down; but it is going to cost me $20 in shipping from across the globe it might make more sense to try and pick some up off another website.

I'm located in the American midwest

Teaks said:

If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?

I'd like to take you up on the seeds for the grow down; but it is going to cost me $20 in shipping from across the globe it might make more sense to try and pick some up off another website.

I'm located in the American midwest
Im in Atlanta and seeds have to be from same source.

I'm all for whatever source we choose.
However, it seems like Yellow Brain Strain is slightly uncommon for seed vendors to carry so Pepper-Guru if you're confident you have the supply for all of us, that seems like the easiest route to go.

Maybe just list/PM your paypal info so some of us can send you a little compensation.

Peter_L said:
I'm all for whatever source we choose.
However, it seems like Yellow Brain Strain is slightly uncommon for seed vendors to carry so Pepper-Guru if you're confident you have the supply for all of us, that seems like the easiest route to go.

Maybe just list/PM your paypal info so some of us can send you a little compensation.
I should have plenty. The two overwintered plants I had this year are still in the garden, dead foliage and full of pods. I'll get out and pick the best ones here in a bit, extract seeds and dry them before I start shipping out Monday morning. As for paypal, I won't be listing it publicly but, just PM me and I'll give the email to you. 

Back