• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2018 Yellow Brain Strain!

Winegums said:
I finally have seeds! Thank you Devv.

I will be dropping them tonight along with some others that I received in the mail. I'll have pictures once they sprout. 

Wow! I guess they walked them there......

But glad you got them!

Whoops, guess I missed the train for the grow down this year. Good luck everyone.

And on the topic of the growbags, someone has posted a thread in Grow Tech mentioning them. Maybe that could be a good place for discussion on it if you feel like it needs its own thread?

CMJ said:
How long have they been outside? If the weather holds, I will start hardening off in about 3 weeks.

They've been out under the cloth for about 1 1/2 weeks.  The weather has been overcast and cool, so they I was really uncertain just how sun-toughened they had become.  Having zorched dog-knows how many young plants over the last few years, I was afraid I'd done it again.  Fortunately they still look fine.  Warming trend on the way here, so I can hopefully catch up a little to the grow-light monsters I see roaming these pages!

I'm so envious of people who can grow peppers outside all year. Having them in a closet with artificial lighting, doesn't even come close to seeing them basking in the sunlight!

Latest update - Just came home to find my nr. 1 plant doing its Y-split, and setting the first few flower buds.

I'll give a first update. I don't have anything impressive to show, but since I'm in the competition I feel obligated. Unfortunately I had a bit of a mishap with my "lead" plant.  :doh:  I knocked it over and it broke off at the dirt.   :mope:

So this is my last egg in the basket! It's not growing very fast with window light, but it is what it is. I'm just looking forward to the fruit. Lots of people have really nice looking plants; I can't wait for when the competition starts heating up.

kee0VkP.jpg

You can join whenever you want; you just need seeds from Pepper-Guru. It's just probably best to temper your expectations if you are trying to win though (I never planned on winning). I think a lot of people are in it just for growing Yellow Brain Strain and having fun - it's friendly competition.

Peter_L said:
You can join whenever you want; you just need seeds from Pepper-Guru. It's just probably best to temper your expectations if you are trying to win though (I never planned on winning). I think a lot of people are in it just for growing Yellow Brain Strain and having fun - it's friendly competition.
Oh yeah, I definitely don't expect to win. I'm far from the best grower. I just thought it'd be fun to have a couple people to be slightly competitive with. All in good fun.

Devv said:

I also have seeds to share for the growdown, supplied by Guru. Just send me a PM ;)

Thanks! Will do.

AndyW said:
Oh yeah, I definitely don't expect to win. I'm far from the best grower. I just thought it'd be fun to have a couple people to be slightly competitive with. All in good fun.

Thanks! Will do.
This is ANYONE'S game. You never know what could happen. The perfect soil mix, feeding watering schedule and temps can equate to wonderful things. Especially with this monster plant. 

Ordered a second 400w switchable lighting rig for basement seed starting. So far, Im rocking two picnic tables full of seedlings. Gonna be a  :hot: Year for me and all the people getting seedlings from me! Update with pics soon. 

Pepper-Guru said:
This is ANYONE'S game. You never know what could happen. The perfect soil mix, feeding watering schedule and temps can equate to wonderful things. Especially with this monster plant. 

Ordered a second 400w switchable lighting rig for basement seed starting. So far, Im rocking two picnic tables full of seedlings. Gonna be a  :hot: Year for me and all the people getting seedlings from me! Update with pics soon. 
Interesting... I'll be interested to see how your plants do under 400 watts as opposed to my 216 watt t5 fixture. Can't wait to see your pics. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Back