• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2018 Yellow Brain Strain!

ColdSmoke said:
You guys are so screwed

Have a great weekend and dont forget to flush your ballasts!
 Im using 2" containers...

Best to flush while the ballasts are still powered on for the deepest component cleaning possible. 

40668369112_bdfb538db7_b.jpg

Pepper-Guru said:
Usually just order the cheapest, most currently well reviewed system when I need one. They come and go. 

This time I went with the ipower 400w dimmable/switchable unit. 
https://www.amazon.com/iPower-Digital-Dimmable-System-Reflector/dp/B005DO30MI  

It was significantly more intense than my other unit, so I turned it to 75% but thinking about going to 50%  

I've been running that system for four years now. Great deal. The HPS bulb in that system shorted out my outlet for some reason, but that's my only complaint. 

NeedsWork said:
Time to move to a fifteen gallon pot   :D

GA3zbfz.jpg

darn fungus gnats, my solution to them is dumping the soil into a 5 gal bucket and pouring boiling water over it and stirring it up. Kills all the eggs. haven't seen a single gnat this year. Probably kills the beneficial soil microbes as well so first few waterings I just add some zombie juice or SOS inoculant. re-establishes them. 

D3monic said:

darn fungus gnats, my solution to them is dumping the soil into a 5 gal bucket and pouring boiling water over it and stirring it up. Kills all the eggs. haven't seen a single gnat this year. Probably kills the beneficial soil microbes as well so first few waterings I just add some zombie juice or SOS inoculant. re-establishes them. 

Amen!  I'll have to try boiling.  

I've been spraying with diluted neem oil.  Two applications reduced their numbers by ~95% in conjunction with yellow sticky traps.  I usually water then spray the same day to prevent a constantly moist environment.  

My biggest weakness is ignoring the first few which leads to a gnat uprising.  

:flamethrower:

NeedsWork said:

Amen!  I'll have to try boiling.  

I've been spraying with diluted neem oil.  Two applications reduced their numbers by ~95% in conjunction with yellow sticky traps.  I usually water then spray the same day to prevent a constantly moist environment.  

My biggest weakness is ignoring the first few which leads to a gnat uprising.  

:flamethrower:

Yea, too late for you this year probably, next year give it a try for sure. Boil the water, pour over soil prior to using it for anything. can also bake in oven but that will stink up your whole house. 

Back