• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Grower's pics from ABM.

peppermanbaha said:
so tell us about your crosses. I'd like to see more of them. Looks awesome man.
They are purely accidental. I just got lucky on some.
I purposely crossed my lil' black beauty with goat's weed though. Pics later.
I gotta get busy and try to cross my pimente.:shocked:
What to cross it with? hmm....

Is there more than one type of goat's weed? Mine have the same pod shape,size,color,etc but my plant is very hairy. Yours seems hairless.

915river said:
Beautiful images of your pepper plants nice colors
gardenkiller said:
Is there more than one type of goat's weed? Mine have the same pod shape,size,color,etc but my plant is very hairy. Yours seems hairless.
I had many variations even though there weren't any other plants pollinating nearby during conception (I think

Great looking plants ABM. What kind of growing media do you have there? Turface, perlite, and something else?

Josh said:
Great looking plants ABM. What kind of growing media do you have there? Turface, perlite, and something else?
Kind words Josh :)
Mainly 2 year old potting mix with some different clay stuff mixed in and spread on top. I think it's my hydro ferts (in moderation) and the constant source of moisture that is the key here.
coolshot.jpg

These baby bolivian rainbows are running amok. Gotta get 'em out a there.
whatthe.jpg

I love how these are turning pink and orange. cap1546
cuteashell.jpg

fuzzygoatsweed2.jpg
Frosty goat's weed.
Same plant caught trying to go to sleep for the night.
fuzzygoatsweed.jpg

Aj's little orange habs. They turned out much larger than I expected. ; ) These big planters are great.
orangebulletchickenheart.jpg

: shocked:
orangebulletchickenheart2.jpg

ABM - your outdoor hydro stuff... aren't you worried about rainwater fouling it up?

Is it just nested containers, top one with potting soil, some wicks and nutrient solution below? or?

Looks great overall. The planter is neat enough my wife would even let me have one! hah, if only I had the handy gene.

lostmind said:
ABM - your outdoor hydro stuff... aren't you worried about rainwater fouling it up?

Is it just nested containers, top one with potting soil, some wicks and nutrient solution below? or?

Looks great overall. The planter is neat enough my wife would even let me have one! hah, if only I had the handy gene.

The small containers do get messed up a bit, but the bigger ones just get added food if they get rinsed out too much.
Yes- That's pretty much it. Top part, bottom part, wicks, and magic nutrients.
It's fool proof in my case. The planters just snap together and hold 4 gallons of water to keep the plants happy. Pretty cool. :cool:

Thanks ABM.

I found a site that made these in Cedar with some funky double liner locally.

Going to see what they cost or maybe try to roll my own!

Back