• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Growing Jolokias and Habaneros in the Philippines

my raised beds after a few days of some good sun.... recuperting. finally bouncing back.

70ae4e90.jpg

3e382460.jpg

46f90694.jpg

some plants that were in a funk were actually starting to grow again. which is awesome. tomatoes are finally fruiting.

Looks good. You have obviously been putting in a lot of work, I hope you get the pay off with a quality harvest. It doesn't always happen.

Looks good. You have obviously been putting in a lot of work, I hope you get the pay off with a quality harvest. It doesn't always happen.

thanks. sure hope so. =D

yes, a couple of hours at least each day.

forgot about these:

bought a buncha guano today

2aee2b61.jpg

Looking great. Nice guano. It looks like there's a pretty big organic gardening presence in the Philippines. Good stuff.

starting to. a lot of people have been purchasing organic. but still a vast majority of the masses still buy what's cheap and that's the conventionally grown stuff. now i'm trying to push for heirloom varieties grown organically, that's if i actually learn to grow vegetables successfully.

bought some chicken manure today:

IMG_0964-1.jpg

here's what it looks like:

IMG_0966.jpg

the brochure:

IMG_0965-1.jpg

smells kind of acidic but the brochure says when applied to the soil it should make the soil more alkaline, so i dunno. hehe.

my first hot pepper blushing! yay! lol

IMG_0967.jpg

also went out to get some silica gel at a computer shop near me from some buddies of mine

IMG_0968.jpg

to preserve seeds, dried pods and powders. hehe.

looks like malathion applications will end. forever will be no more of that, ok maybe the exception of the possible need to spray. but i have to stop for these guys to keep coming back:

45374460.jpg

Pixs looking good so far like hearing about thing there as are a little similer to here. Just wait till you get them 6 feet or taller. Great to hear as well you've got lots of types to try. I'm sure lots will like to see some of the pixs of them 3 year and older. LOL

my first pepper ripened today. took it off the plant just before it completely turns red. might munch on it tomorrow afternoon.

IMG_1003.jpg

yay! =D

not quite sure what it is though, if it's long cayenne, or thai long or siling haba. lol.

label rubbed off long before the darn thing even forming pods.

Oh hey! Where did you buy the bat guano and the chicken crap? :)

I live in Makati but make trips to New Manila every week. :)

my first pepper ripened today. took it off the plant just before it completely turns red. might munch on it tomorrow afternoon.

IMG_1003.jpg

yay! =D

not quite sure what it is though, if it's long cayenne, or thai long or siling haba. lol.

label rubbed off long before the darn thing even forming pods.

Oh hey! Where did you buy the bat guano and the chicken crap? :)

I live in Makati but make trips to New Manila every week. :)

i bought the chicken manure straight from the manufacturer. just so happened that the manufacturer lived near me. (paranaque).

bat guano can be bought at the manila seedling bank. quezon ave. corner edsa.

a siling labuyo plant that gets absolutely no attention from me. it's already 4 feet tall. sheesh. talk about getting huge.

aec02013.jpg

sadly the birds always get to the peppers right before they ripen.

well it's only fitting since a bird to a crap at the spot where the plant is now and there grew a pepper plant.

Back