• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Growing tobacco like its 1688.

Put some seeds in the tray on Tuesday and then today, this happened :) I forgot to label which tray is which variety, so won't know for a bit, but pretty happy :) As you can see, there are quite a few seeds in each, I just scattered them around and hoped for the best!

Something so small grows into a beast of a plant :O

eNNridj.jpg

Another shot of a different seedling. They're so cute :) Really only a test as it's coming into summer and I have plenty of seeds left (maybe 1000~ of each type)

7CAZ3qz.jpg

some photos that have been sitting on my camera.

blooms.

image007small_zps6ac21072.jpg

image008small_zps05557144.jpg

image009small_zpsbab02b08.jpg

drying tobacco in my bathroom. This was my view whilst taking shits of various intensities.... for like 3 weeks.

image006small_zpsf5b2d582.jpg

i pile cured a few stacks of leaves. the resulting colors were truely astonishing to myself.

image005small_zpsdce6063d.jpg

image004small_zpsf3edd2d9.jpg

image003small_zpsc91904c5.jpg

image002small_zps46731fbf.jpg

image001small_zpsc336c47d.jpg

queequeg152 said:
did you ever do anything with those tobacco plants valo?
Kept 3 as a test more than anything. It was the week before summer started so I was quite late but it doesn't freeze here during winter so hopefully I can keep them going.

These are 44 days since I sowed seeds. Nothing special. Getting there

RxzoCK9.jpg

These are Shirazi/Sherazi, a turkish oriental. Supposed to be a nice smoke.

How goes your drying? Enjoy your shits with leaf everywhere lol

they are dry already.  in a plastic container atm.

ill put a photo up before i go to bed. IDK why i forgot to post one already.

i still owe a picture of that cured tobacco... problem is that the container is holding up my shitty table saw, lol.

ill get one up soonish after i finish ripping some pvc trim.

Since we're also doing cactus.. 2 pups in front which I cut off are Pachanoi and the one in back is a Scopulicola x Pachanoi (also cut off from main plant)

SEhD4eh.jpg

Have more Pach and also a piece of Bridgesii to be planted soon. Also got some Pereskiopsis which I will use for grafting stock once my seedlings are big enough.

Hard to get hold of a Loph here..

when I lived in Virgina I grew a couple of acres for my friend when they start to flower you snap the flower off it makes better leaves. when harvesting you cut the down and they go on a stick and stood up like corn stocks after drying for a week or so they grt hung in the tobacco bard then after a couple of freezes to take them apart and grade them according to size and leaf color.

yea i let the flowers grow out because i wanted to see what they looked like.

im going to do like another 4 plants this year, in larger containers. ill crop those ones for sure.

oh nice, i didnt even notice you got some pacs.

did you find those at a big box? i havent seen a single one since the pair of pacs i bought at home depot  back in like... 2013 or when ever.

i just bought some trich macro seeds recently, going to plant those out in some coir and super fine verm....

and yea i left houston without taking a picture of that cured tobacco. im a liar sorry. 
Valo said:
How many seeds approx do you reckon a single plant will make ?

10s of thousands from what i understand. the seed pods are like salt shakers...brimming with seeds. one plant could plant several acres easily.

queequeg152 said:
oh nice, i didnt even notice you got some pacs.

did you find those at a big box? i havent seen a single one since the pair of pacs i bought at home depot  back in like... 2013 or when ever.

i just bought some trich macro seeds recently, going to plant those out in some coir and super fine verm....

and yea i left houston without taking a picture of that cured tobacco. im a liar sorry. 

10s of thousands from what i understand. the seed pods are like salt shakers...brimming with seeds. one plant could plant several acres easily.

No big box here in Australia. Got them from a bloke on a ethnobotanical forum, mostly pups so transplanted. Going to get a small collection going and plant them up at the family farm.

Picking up some Yowie, some Peruvianus and some Cuzco next weekend!

As for the seeds, that is awesome - running out by trading seeds lol

Back