• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Growing tobacco like its 1688.

Took this photo earlier tonight. I didn't come home last night so they missed a watering, wilted and then grew which resulted in bent stems. 1 is pretty good and looks almost upright, the other 2 have been staked so they grow nearly upright. They seem to be doing well, no bugs in my garden which is lucky. The only thing these plants are getting is water and powerfeed (type of fertilizer/soil conditioner)

These are 60 days since sowing. I have about 70 Havana Gold seedlings (sown 17/1) which I will weed down to about 10-12. Merely another test of grow times/seasons/shits n giggles.

cm1qJCb.jpg

looking good.

BTW if anyone wants some of my treated seeds, im still offering them to anyone who will send me a SASBE. i simply have too many, and they will expire LONG before i ever plant them.

id offer them to you too valo, but alas ive no idea how to mail things to the other side of the world... and ive no appetite for standing in line at the post office or what ever...

queequeg152 said:
looking good.

BTW if anyone wants some of my treated seeds, im still offering them to anyone who will send me a SASBE. i simply have too many, and they will expire LONG before i ever plant them.

id offer them to you too valo, but alas ive no idea how to mail things to the other side of the world... and ive no appetite for standing in line at the post office or what ever...

Thanks for the kind offer but lately I have been able to find a number of varieties within Aus :)

What varieties will you be planting next season?

im going to run 4 plants of the tallest variety i grew last year.  i cant recall the exact variety, id have to get my seed bag from the fridge.

im going for a legit 6 foot plant this time around.  no messing around, being lazy in potting them up, no cold fall weather....

going to pop them next week, and put them outside mid February probably.

I think next season I will grow with a fine mesh around my plants. Seem to be quite a few busted leaves on my plants.

Anyway, cactus time... Picked these up today + some stuff

jrlYqvG.jpg

Pachanoi + Cuzcoensis (variety of Peruviana)

gbVKUpI.jpg

Cuzcoensis

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

I'm taking cuttings this weekend. I'll give yours a few weeks to callus, then it's off to Tejas!

oh yea man i forgot about that tacit agreement we had. when i last saw my cactus's the one was huge and fatter, but the other two are stalled it looks like probably out of slow release. unfortunately i forgot to re up their osmocote before i left. ill be back in houston for spring break at least, but probably earlier.

Have you thought about doing some grafts using Pereskiopsis?

I will be doing 5x Bridgesii x Super Pedro and 3x Super Pedro x Bridgesii grafts soon once the seedlings are big enough. Heard many people say they grow up to 5x as fast. Might try a Peyote if I can get seeds..

Bump for cactus photos queequeg152!

IDK you are talking about. ive seen these grafted to these skinny stems, is that what you are referring to?

I couldnt be bothered with such things honestly. I like them for ascetic reasons, and ultimatly im going to use them for landscaping.

Yes, those skinny stems are called Pereskiopsis. I think it's interesting grafting stuff like that.

The big stuff I picked up yesterday will be used to start a cacti forrest at my 10acre property out in the country. Add more when I get it, eventually for landscaping also. Give the garden that mexican feel lol

So I ended up using one corner of my yard here at home as I was too lazy this weekend to drive an hour into the country lol

Laid down some Cuzco and the San Pedro. After this photo was taken I put in a small Bridgesii and a small Scop x Pach also.

In pots I have:

3x Cuzco pups
3x Tricho Bridgesii cuts
1x Pachanoi "yowie" cut
4x Pachanoi PC cuts

s03fV7S.jpg

Also grafted a Cuzco pup onto a Pachanoi stock. Hopefully it takes

CiovbsY.jpg

looks very good. im curious how deep did you bury these when you transplanted?

ive been going like an inch deeper each transplant. the soil always seems to pull away though, and they dont shoot out new roots for a long time.

Here are some photos of my Shirazi, 70 days since they were sown... Later this year I will sort out a proper garden space for growing instead of just growing in pots..

hyUkRGh.jpg

6tcaKf1.jpg

Back