• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Growing TS Morouga side-by-side with Brain Strain

Well, at this stage I'd say I can't tell them apart, next step will be to see what the fruits look like:

TS Morouga and Brain Strain plants in the ground:
TSMorouga.jpg

BrainStrain.jpg

TS Morouga and Brain Strain flowers:
tsmflower.jpg

bsflower.jpg

So, Charles, what were your further findings this summer/fall? 5 months without an update! I just recently finalized my grow lists for 2013-15, since I have so many kinds of seeds I could keep busy with 30-40 types a year for almost a decade with no duplicates! Anyway, I put Brain Strain and Morouga on my list for 2014. I got the Brain Strain pods from Mike (kcso53) and harvested the seeds, and I got the Morouga pods from Todd (tmudder) and harvested the seeds. I will post on this topic in a couple of years if it's still here and shed a little more light on this subject!

So, Charles, what were your further findings this summer/fall? 5 months without an update! I just recently finalized my grow lists for 2013-15, since I have so many kinds of seeds I could keep busy with 30-40 types a year for almost a decade with no duplicates! Anyway, I put Brain Strain and Morouga on my list for 2014. I got the Brain Strain pods from Mike (kcso53) and harvested the seeds, and I got the Morouga pods from Todd (tmudder) and harvested the seeds. I will post on this topic in a couple of years if it's still here and shed a little more light on this subject!

Well I grew out 4 or 5 Brain Strains and 2 TS Morouga Blends. There were some variations between the Brain Strains, though nothing major. I did pick one particular plant that put out some slightly different pods with an occasional tale and more frequent spikes on the pods. All hot as hell. One of the TS Morougas looked just like the Brains, but another Morouga I grew looked quite different. The pods were larger and seemed a little puffier than the brain strain pods. It tasted like peaches and was more pleasant than the brains for me.

Check out this entry in my 2012 glog for some pics of pods from this particular TS Morouga Blend (I am also overwintering this plant):
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/28116-sgs-2012/page__st__240#entry704509

Back