• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll need to get some new pics..But here is a small sample of our firearms, an average range day. I like old battle rifles and my AR in .450B. my wife loves hand guns..We make a great couple. 

199.jpg

stettoman said:

Heh heh, I was under the impression that ALL carry pistols were made to holster with a chambered round....BTW, I almost got a CM9, really smooth pull, but I couldn't get used to the return to reset after release. It's a preference thing, I know, but for me the Shield felt good all the way through, even giving up a tad of that smooth pull.

The Shield felt the best to me. I got the Performance Center model with the ported barrel and slide. It came highly recommended by a trusted friend too... Was over $100 off on Friday. Can't wait to shoot it. My first semi-auto pistol!

ColdSmoke said:

The Shield felt the best to me. I got the Performance Center model with the ported barrel and slide. It came highly recommended by a trusted friend too... Was over $100 off on Friday. Can't wait to shoot it. My first semi-auto pistol!

The Shield is a nice piece, man! Congratulations!

I put 150 rounds through mine yesterday, ordered a Talon Grip for it this morning. The more you shoot, the more you'll like!

...then you'll want another. Maybe not a Shield, but once the bug bites, man....I'm waiting for my FFL to call with my latest, an M&P 22 Compact.

stettoman said:

The Shield is a nice piece, man! Congratulations!

I put 150 rounds through mine yesterday, ordered a Talon Grip for it this morning. The more you shoot, the more you'll like!

...then you'll want another. Maybe not a Shield, but once the bug bites, man....I'm waiting for my FFL to call with my latest, an M&P 22 Compact.

Oh yeah....already thinking about what .45 I want. 

stettoman said:
Man, these M&Ps are the shit!

Just brought 'er home a half hour ago and I've already gone through two boxes of S&B.

24131416_378284989287459_6936201660652933517_n.jpg

Now I can focus on building that AR9.....

I see that the etching/engraving on the slide comes color-filled......

...that's a really nice touch!

Enjoy shooting it!!

Here's my M&P in it's current form:

iL37ABH.jpg

ccYApRj.jpg

It sleeps on my nightstand. ;)

The bastard of the gun world. Highpoint C9. Probably one
of the most unpopular pistols out there but bought it as a stash gun just to keep around in a drawer if shit gets sticky. To be honest though, its not a bad little gun. Shoots very well and extremely accurate (probably due to the sheer weight of the slide). Never any jams or issues with it. Has a lifetime warranty so if anything ever happens to it, highpoint will fix it no questions asked. Definitely worth the 200 and some dollars to have an extra gun in the house.

Edmick said:

The bastard of the gun world. Highpoint C9. Probably one
of the most unpopular pistols out there but bought it as a stash gun just to keep around in a drawer if shit gets sticky. To be honest though, its not a bad little gun. Shoots very well and extremely accurate (probably due to the sheer weight of the slide). Never any jams or issues with it. Has a lifetime warranty so if anything ever happens to it, highpoint will fix it no questions asked. Definitely worth the 200 and some dollars to have an extra gun in the house.

You'll get no arguments from me. I had the one shown below up until recently. It had an updated trigger, polished innards, and Duracoat painted grips. I can't seem to recall it ever having any serious malfunctions......

vaD95Mi.jpg

oNcEI35.jpg

I wound up giving it away to my neighbor for free. He was quite happy to have it! :)

Why not to sip and click when shopping for guns and ammo....

(although, truthfully, I was completely sober hitting the Shopping Cart button at 7:00am... :lol:)  
IMG_6540.JPG

I/we like the feel of the Sccy in hand, have not fired it yet.  I think it feels better than the S&W, just a little lighter.  I went with the -2 with no safety.  Time to pull up my big girl panties and suck it up for a CC.  

So, what do I do with the steel bullets from RUSSIA  (:eek: )  That's just not 'Murican!  OK to use? thoughts?

salsalady said:

So, what do I do with the steel bullets from RUSSIA  ( :eek: )  That's just not 'Murican!  OK to use? thoughts?

Most indoor ranges don't let you shoot steel case ammo. Also, I wouldn't recommend using it in antique/vintage guns because it can be hard on some of the parts. Other than that, it's perfectly fine for plinking IMO. I've shot a bunch of Tula (and other steel case ammo) with no issues.

Good to know, thanks, Musky~

salsalady said:
Why not to sip and click when shopping for guns and ammo....

(although, truthfully, I was completely sober hitting the Shopping Cart button at 7:00am... :lol:)  
attachicon.gif
IMG_6540.JPG

I/we like the feel of the Sccy in hand, have not fired it yet.  I think it feels better than the S&W, just a little lighter.  I went with the -2 with no safety.  Time to pull up my big girl panties and suck it up for a CC.  

So, what do I do with the steel bullets from RUSSIA  ( :eek: )  That's just not 'Murican!  OK to use? thoughts?

Congrats on the new heater! I like the color scheme and that you went with the CPX-II!!

As for the steel-cased ammo, you're fine to use it, provided your new pistol likes it. Some do....some don't. 

Mine eats up anything I have put in it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back