• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's 2013

It begins with a tray...

8529680870_ff959399bf.jpg

I built tomato cages this year using concrete reinforcing wire. 100 bucks for a 100 by 5 foot roll. Best bang for your buck and able to make 14 in a couple hours. Still have half the roll if you are driving through dc anytime soon!. I will say that although you can get in to the shoulder, it does limit your texterity and vision when picking. Those branches you used to be able to push aside and bend to your will be much mor limited in movement. Have not used them for chilis, I still use 6 foot bamboo stakes and tie up the free spirited branches. I also grow in mine in #5 containers, so I don't come close to your girth.

Dang'it man!!!
Makes me wanna cry, seeing all those pods.
But then I realize that you have optimum conditions and are a pro chili grower!

Even with a hastily built greenhouse, the temperature up here in Moosonee Ontario is low...and wet.
Keep us all posted on the harvesting, it also cheers me up and motivates me to do better for next year.

allaKAZAAM said:
Dang'it man!!!
Makes me wanna cry, seeing all those pods.
But then I realize that you have optimum conditions and are a pro chili grower!

Even with a hastily built greenhouse, the temperature up here in Moosonee Ontario is low...and wet.
Keep us all posted on the harvesting, it also cheers me up and motivates me to do better for next year.
Will do allaKAZAAM!

9655999957_088ac34a7e_b.jpg

9659231004_b0627cc769_b.jpg

hmmmm now that i think about .. i wonder if my dogs are the reason why my BBG snapped...?? hmmm.. unfortunately i was only able to pull up one of the 3 as the other two had tore off the base completely...

NICE HARVEST!!

Pr0digal_son said:
That will preserve the color of those beauties!
Yep. I like to dehydrate with the coldest, driest air possible. AC full blast and fans galore. Takes about a week but preserves the flavor, aroma, and color much more so than using heat. For the sauces I like a cold, no salt mash method in the dark cool basement. Same results. Beautiful pigmentation :)

Here are some different shots today.

This Aji Chuncho is one VERY interesting pepper. If Im not mistaken, its frutescens and I can tell big time by the flavor! Very much like a Bhut initially, then you get a quick flash of chinense and finally the palette subsides into a very annum type of thing.

This plant is one of the biggest on the patio, if not the best structure wise.

9679898047_1bf9ae81ba_b.jpg

-----------------

9679896749_3861c8c833_b.jpg

----------------------

9683134138_dd2cf8b3bb_b.jpg

Really cool Florida Wild (Calusa Indian Mound) Peppers. Been looking forward to these as well as the praetermissum. Wild Landrace peppers are where its at.

9683138488_57fcbbc3c0_b.jpg

And for this...lol....so, my "Not Black Nagas" have ended up giving me two different colors....lol Black and Yellow!

9679900889_ce493fea50_b.jpg

Lastly, a shot of a super cool Foodarama Scotch Bonnet. Very tasty pepper.

9679901789_08002f3aa0_b.jpg

Back