• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Habenero induced Dogs,!

Here's my Habenero spice induced dogs,

Prep work.
Step 1, Go ahead and get 2 jumbo franks out, Make sure they're kosher.

Step 2, Get your meat sheers, and cut the franks in half.

Step 3. Turn the iron skillet on low-medium.

Step 4. As soon as the franks are done cooking go ahead and throw your buns into the micro wave with the paprika and habenero spice already on there,

The actual work.
step 1. Cook the half's in the is until dark brown.
495796145_2waQ3-L.jpg

Step 2. Get your buns ready while the franks are cooking, but make sure you keep an eye on your franks.
495793522_EGucV-L.jpg

Step 3. Now get the paprika out and coat the bottom of the bun lightly.

495793565_LvnYf-L.jpg

Step 4. Do the same with the Habenero Spice "homemade or store baught"

Step 5. Go ahead and put the beef franks on the bun.
495793593_e6Ewu-L.jpg

I will always call you brother for having the wisdom (or the dumb luck) to invest in a cast iron skillet.

I LOVE my cast iron.

I have 5 skillets and one corn bread finger thingy that makes corn cakes shaped like a piece of corn.

Carry on young lad! Looks good!

FiveSix said:
Hopefully I never make it to Illinois, Pizzas that look more like a giant pot of sauce, hot dogs with more fiber than meat? NO THANKS! What's next Chigaco Ice cream with relish topping? F THAT!
I know what you mean, I'm still looking forward to going back to PA and having one those 40-50 inch pizza's They were tasty the first time around.

cheezydemon said:
I will always call you brother for having the wisdom (or the dumb luck) to invest in a cast iron skillet.

I LOVE my cast iron.

I have 5 skillets and one corn bread finger thingy that makes corn cakes shaped like a piece of corn.

Carry on young lad! Looks good!
Not sure whom the replie was refering too, If its to me, Thanks man.

FiveSix said:
Hopefully I never make it to Illinois, Pizzas that look more like a giant pot of sauce, hot dogs with more fiber than meat? NO THANKS! What's next Chigaco Ice cream with relish topping? F THAT!

You're just jealous n to late, already got the relish topping for the Ice Cream.

Ok Derek, ya made me hungry... :P

Boiled up some hot pork sausages w/ minced onions, cabbage, fresh red jalas, and kraut. (yes kraut and cabbage might seem redundant, but is diff. textures and flavors.)

A wheat hoagie bun warmed in microwave, spread with plain mustard, sweet pickle relish, salad olives on one side. Other has stone ground brown mustard, my orange hab powder and some seafood seasoning.

Layed on the hot sausage, covered with the warm cabbage/kraut/red jalapeno and onion mixture. Gave it a twist of S&P, and grabbed a few paper towels.

S6302481.jpg

It's Grubbin' Time!!!!
10.gif

QuadShotz said:
Ok Derek, ya made me hungry... :P

Boiled up some hot pork sausages w/ minced onions, cabbage, fresh red jalas, and kraut. (yes kraut and cabbage might seem redundant, but is diff. textures and flavors.)

A wheat hoagie bun warmed in microwave, spread with plain mustard, sweet pickle relish, salad olives on one side. Other has stone ground brown mustard, my orange hab powder and some seafood seasoning.

Layed on the hot sausage, covered with the warm cabbage/kraut/red jalapeno, onion mixture, gave a shake of S & P, and grabbed a few paper towels.

S6302481.jpg

Grubbin' Time!!!!
10.gif
Those sure look nice Quads, I wish I can find some red jala's here in Michigan, I know I have a few growing but that's going to be 2 more months before I can harvest them!

Thx! They give a nice addition to the habs I think.

Good chit mang...I currently have sweat running off my face...I may have used a bit much of the hab powder...lol

I like it....thx for the dinner idea!

QuadShotz said:
Thx! They give a nice addition to the habs I think.

Good chit mang...I currently have sweat running off my face...I may have used a bit much of the hab powder...lol

I like it....thx for the dinner idea!
No problem, I knew what you mean by the sweat, the dogs gave me the same sweat. But it was a nice taste, Try to add the peperika next time it gives it a very cool taste.

Now I want a slaw dog! A fresh charcoal grilled dog loaded with chilled sweet slaw on top.

thehotpepper.com said:
Now I want a slaw dog! A fresh charcoal grilled dog loaded with chilled sweet slaw on top.
That sounds damn good, By the Thp, Didn't you have a hot dog recipe on here that you put in the oven and bake them for 30 minutes with buns and cheese?

PhatManDerek said:
That sounds damn good, By the Thp, Didn't you have a hot dog recipe on here that you put in the oven and bake them for 30 minutes with buns and cheese?
I'll be making some Foil Dogs™ in a few months on the grill with pics.

I'm a major dog fan. Best way to add some zest to your dog is to use a food syringe and inject the dog with your hot sauce or whatever. You can get really creative with this method.

halo said:
Good idea, I wonder if the health clinic here will pass out serenges & needles, I know where my brothers lives this health clinic passes out needles for heroin. It could be different in every state though?

Back