• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

HAIL!!!!

AlabamaJack said:
Seems to me you Aussies have a much better climate to grow peppers in than I do. We had dang near record rainfall this year ( Probably 50" so far this year )

Ah ha!! You're the bastard who's been hogging all the rain! You are *so* busted! Hand it over, mister!

and my peppers didn't fare as well as I thought they should have.

Ha! That's rain hogging karma!

" redfaced lookin' down at my feet shufflin' in the dust"

Sorry about hoggin' the rain...I swear it was NOT my fault...I am happy with 26 inches a year.

I promise I will do better Ms. Pam

fisting_mayfield said:
I sure hope i get a few spare then!!!!!

fister - I'll be more than happy to ride one of my bikes to the Hunter and shout you a counter lunch T-bone and a brew or two in exchange for a handful of pods

chilliman64 said:
fister - I'll be more than happy to ride one of my bikes to the Hunter and shout you a counter lunch T-bone and a brew or two in exchange for a handful of pods

I plucked off 4 x 2nd generation bird/habs today along with an orange hab & 2 Siams...they're staying fresh in the fridge. I'll send next week because it looks like there'll be several more orange habs ready tomorrow & a bunch of asian somethings by Sunday.

You could always just catch a plane up tomorrow. I'm doing daddy burgers on the Q & hooking into that fine Naga that billyboy sent me. Of course you'll have to help change the UJ that disintegrated on my Tarago today, but that'll be fun too ;)

Long story short, I hear you mate, package of fresh pods are coming your way :cheers:

it's ok, I'm not at the 'cut my wrists if I don't get a couple of hot fresh pods soon' stage.

if I was to help with your universal joint I'd be best passing you the tools and cold beers - I'm no wrench by any means!

did the jerky arrive?

chilliman64 said:
if I was to help with your universal joint I'd be best passing you the tools and cold beers - I'm no wrench by any means!

did the jerky arrive?

well of course....tools & beer & flip the burgers. I've learned enough not to let a toyota guy near my tarago :P

no jerky today mate, but I think they deliver on Sat. too this time of year...heres hoping.

Bag of miscellaneous pods coming at u next week :cool:

chilliman64 said:

Do you make appropriate little "oh's" and "ah's" during manly displays of universal joint know how? Do you perch primly on the fender and gaze with wide-eyed wonder as every excruciating detail of the desperate hand to hand combat against a rusty bolt is retold? There's a lot more to being a tool handler then sipping a cold brew, you know.

Sure do Pam, lots of "oh's" and "ah's"...I even know where the UJ is on a car....& it can't be seen from the fender :P I do however have trouble making my own breakfast & darning wear holes in my socks. Think you could help?

bentalphanerd said:
Sure do Pam, lots of "oh's" and "ah's"...I even know where the UJ is on a car....& it can't be seen from the fender :P

Whether or not you can see the universal joint is irrelevant, which all proper "oh'ers" and "ah'ers" know. It's the faux admiration for manly endeavors that matters, else how will one elicit more manly endeavors when things like bad plumbing or the "check Engine" light happen?

I do however have trouble making my own breakfast & darning wear holes in my socks. Think you could help?

I can say "Darn sock", before tossing it in the trash. As to breakfast, I *am* a Southern woman. Don't request breakfast unless you're bringing a manly appetite with you. And like grits.

Pam said:
Do you make appropriate little "oh's" and "ah's" during manly displays of universal joint know how? Do you perch primly on the fender and gaze with wide-eyed wonder as every excruciating detail of the desperate hand to hand combat against a rusty bolt is retold? There's a lot more to being a tool handler then sipping a cold brew, you know.

this must be something the sisterhood share with each other to make their menfolk feel useful - thanks for sharing Pam

fisting_mayfield said:
It could be a while chilliman, i'm just starting to get some pods now...
But when they do ripen, i'll have plenty!

hopefully hail season is drawing to an end, but probably not. the 'hail-belt' extends from Nowra to Newcastle in NSW and every year without fail we have a few of our customers experience hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of damage to their businesses, as none have yet been effected I'd say there's more on the way.

I'm already thinking that this season is a write-off for me and I'm starting to think about next years grow list... might cut the number of varieties back to just 4 or 5.

chilliman64 said:
this must be something the sisterhood share with each other to make their menfolk feel useful - thanks for sharing Pam

Just admit you're a sadly inadequate tool holder. Why, I bet you're one of those men who gets all squeamish about handling another man's tools.

Pam said:
Just admit you're a sadly inadequate tool holder. Why, I bet you're one of those men who gets all squeamish about handling another man's tools.

ok now I'm starting to feel a little (read: extremely) uncomfortable with the direction this thread is heading...

I ended up calling 4 local wrecking yards - all of them had the part I needed. After 2 hours of laying in mud in 40 C heat.....none of them had the part...well two did but (yes Pam) the nuts were so badly burred you couldn't get the shaft out.

I'm not gonna even start...

hey did you see on the new inventors, the guy that invented the frictionless UJ/CVJ?

Get your hands on a couple of them for the toyota!

Back