• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

HAIL!!!!

bentalphanerd said:
I ended up calling 4 local wrecking yards - all of them had the part I needed. After 2 hours of laying in mud in 40 C heat.....none of them had the part...well two did but (yes Pam) the nuts were so badly burred you couldn't get the shaft out.

Having spent several days last August as Chief Tool Hander Under-er and Lunch Maker in the titanic struggle to replace the exhaust system of a '94 Nissan that had been driven in upstate New York winters, I am intimately informed on rusty bolts and massive amount of swearing they inspire.

Whew! That long a sentence this early in the morning...I need more caffeine.

chilliman64 said:
...hopefully hail season is drawing to an end, but probably not. the 'hail-belt' extends from Nowra to Newcastle in NSW and every year without fail we have a few of our customers experience hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of damage to their businesses, as none have yet been effected I'd say there's more on the way...

I'm changing my name to Nostradamus!

we just got hit by a huge hailstorm. our front and back yards are littered with leaf debris and melting chunks of ice. we sustained several broken roof tiles. my car is covered in dents and the front windscreen is smashed.

as if my poor little babies haven't been through enough :(

in their first week of life they have been scorched, attacked by slugs and snails and now been belted by hail...

looking forward to the Spring of 2008 (starts 1st Sept) - not long to go now :(

chilliman64 said:
this is what we got

warning

that links dodgy mate...I couldn't work it out.

I did read this:

A Bureau of Meteorology spokesman said the storm was expected to move out to sea following the deluge of rain, hail and damaging winds on the Central Coast.

"There's been quite a swath of large hail,'' he said.

''(We've had) lots of reports of hail of golf-ball size, we've had a few reports of hail up to seven centimetres in a couple of places.''

Dude...7 CM :shocked:

Man that sucks, my last year season was crapfor me, I experimented with hydro and killed and stunted just about everything. the thing is when I ignore the plants and let them do there thing the little buggers always come back and do well...its very frustrating.
Are you growing fatalii this year?
For me this year they are my achellies heel. Allof them are stunted and its killing me but I KNOW I'll get them in the beds and forget about them and by february they will be angry yellow fire balls everywere..murphy's law.

good luck man,
Mick

chilliman64 said:
I'm changing my name to Nostradamus!

we just got hit by a huge hailstorm. our front and back yards are littered with leaf debris and melting chunks of ice. we sustained several broken roof tiles. my car is covered in dents and the front windscreen is smashed.

Oh no, how awful! That's some serious hail if it broke your windshield. I'm glad you weren't out in it.

Don't give up on the peppers, they're amazingly tough, and they can come back.

yeah i was on the central coast last night... it was pretty hectic, but we didnt get any hail.

I was however calling my mates in newcastle every 5 minutes to check wether it was hailing here tho... paranoid!!!

Anyway, my plants are loving the weather chilliman, so i'm sure i'll have some pods for you sometime early next year!!!

Looks like you were lucky no-one got killed,

hail.jpg

hail_2.jpg

even though my car got belted and has a smashed windscreen, as did chilliwoman's car, plus we had a heap of broken roof tiles and other plants damaged. but it's the damage to my chile plants that has caused me the most grief.

I received my bentalphanerd fresh chile care package yesterday - dude, you saved me! thansks!!! there was some great looking sauce and some strange looking distilled water in there also - I don't think I'll be able to drink either of them neat...

chilliman64 said:
I received my bentalphanerd fresh chile care package yesterday - dude, you saved me! thansks!!! there was some great looking sauce and some strange looking distilled water in there also - I don't think I'll be able to drink either of them neat...

no problem mate, glad you enjoy them. I know the SES doesn't stock such things. Sure they'll throw a tarp over the hole in your roof & drop you a food parcel....but what do you really need :lol:

sweet liquor eases the pain!!!!!!!!!

hmmmmmmmm.... liquor and pain in one of Homer's quotes... maybe your latest forays into bottled water and chile sauces were foreseen by the great Homer J Simpson!!!

are you referring to the quote or the name? either way, it may be my learned friend - I heard the quote first from Homer J :) so it's a Homerism for me

Back