• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hairy Bikers ON NOW History Channel

It was a great show! Bill wasn't scared for sure, this time, I want to see round 2! It was really cool to see
a true representation of super hot chilies on a major network, always thought it would be the food channel, who knew??
James can take the heat, John needs a prescription for some anti-puke pills! lol

Yes, AND to my knowledge, it was the first televised mention of the Butch T. Congrats on that Butch.

Yes, AND to my knowledge, it was the first televised mention of the Butch T. Congrats on that Butch.
I'm probably wrong, but is it the first televised ButchT in USA? Did Neal, THSC, get some airtime after the Guinness records in AU?

Anyway, it was some good accurate press for chiles as true chile aficionaldos can appreciate.

So I came into the show a few minutes late, but here is a sort of “play-by-play”. The bikers (2 old hairy biker dudes) were grinding their own burger meat and met up with “Eat More Heat”, a group of 3 dudes that are into traveling the country eating hot stuff in Houston. They were gonna make some toppings for their freshly ground burgers.

First up was a Hab sauce. Looked like typical orange habs. They pureed them with some garlic.

Next was a Bhut Jolokia Relish with 10 Bhuts. Gloves and goggles went on. One of the Bhuts didn’t puree so one of the Eat more heat guys fed another guy (John) the pod. Started out as a bit of an over the top reaction, but settled into the normal pain. They talked about the endorphins and how that was there favorite part. I know, and im sure that you know that feeling.

Next up the Butch T. Respirators were broken out and then….commercial. The Butch Ts looked like a typical TScorps. I didn’t get that good of a look of it, but I am sure they know what they are talking about.

The challenge was a bite for bite challenge. First up was the Habs. It was pretty much childs play. No problem at all. Next, the Bhuts. The Bhuts started to show the biker guys what the deal was. The Eat more heat guys started to flex their muscles and tried to double up the dose, but the Bikers weren’t having it. Still not much of a reaction or a problem.

Onto the Butch T….Cheering from the crowd, and then the bite. Immediately the bikers started spitting, and you could tell they were hurting. One of the guys, (Bill) started spoon feeding himself the puree. So the Eat more heat guy joined in. I am sure they didn’t want to be out done.

They loaded a burger above and below the patty with Butch T puree. John (Eat more heat) went first, and took a bite and started to puke. The biker guy came in behind and followed up with no problem. I am sure they were hurting, however, no puke.

Overall, it was great to see something on TV that got it right. I don’t know how many times I have heard that the Ghost Chili is the hottest in the world. I am sure that the Eat More Heat guys are into eating this stuff, but I don’t think they are growers.

Entertaining Show.
"The Butch Ts looked like a typical TScorps. I didn’t get that good of a look of it"

Good eye there Gold!

It was a great show! Bill wasn't scared for sure, this time, I want to see round 2! It was really cool to see
a true representation of super hot chilies on a major network, always thought it would be the food channel, who knew??
James can take the heat, John needs a prescription for some anti-puke pills! lol

haha! John was actually a trooper. He'd had a lot of beer and eaten super hots before the burger challange, so it wasn't just that one burger that did him in. There was a lot that wasn't shown.
Bill was a champ though and kept coming back for more.

Almost forgot to post this! Here's the recipe for the habanero sauce I made on the show:

West Indies Pepper Sauce

3 Scotch bonnets or habaneros, seeds and stems removed, chopped
2 cups white vinegar
1 cup chopped onions
1 15-ounce can diced papaya, including the juice
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup malt vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh preferred
1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
2 teaspoons dried cilantro
1 teaspoon Dijon-type mustard
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
Combine all the ingredients in a sauce pan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Place in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
Allow the sauce to sit for at least 2 hours to blend the flavors.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups

They only had a couple episodes before this one but sense then they are adding hot peppers to almost every dish they make now. Looking like they got hooked on them good.lol.....

Back