• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Heat Seekers

I watched this and have the whole series set to record. I, personally, thought it was kinda weak. I thought the ate some damn good food but nothing that sounded (going by the ingredients they listed off here) like it was going to make anyone run to the fridge for the milk. The only really hot thing (that I could see) was a sauce that was an extract sauce. I was hoping for something that highlighted some off the stuff that we grow and make on here. It was only the first episode, so maybe I'm being to harsh?

yeah. i thought Sanchez would be a little more hardcore. i hope they come across some superhots during the season. that endorphin rush sauce is hot but it tastes like crap!

Just watched the chicago episode on my dvr, they redeemed them selves somewhat. At least they actually were eating habs and scotch bonnets. Those hot dogs looked awesome. Now I have a list of places to go next time I'm in chicago.

Obviously like the idea of the show, I just wish they'd picked a host/hosts with a bit more going on in the head department.

I do but they disappoint me. They can take heat about as well as an average person I guess. Maybe the season will build up in heat as they go.

Murciano its a show on tv where these 2 guys visit rest. That sell hot spicy food. Wolf i was watchin before n they ate a pizza with 2 layers of red scotch bonnets a drizzle of the guys xxx sauce, 2 layers of pepperoni and a layer of jalepenos and one guy almost finished it and the other barely finished a slice i said wat a whimp. They should have one of us on that show lol

That XXX sauce is a sauce called endorphin rush, and it's not anywhere near the top when it comes to hottest sauces. I'm sure the scotch's were hot but come on it's not bhut, 7, or scorpion. The newest episode has them eating wings that remind me a lot of the blazing challenge, as far as the peppers involved are concerned, and both of them threw in the towel after about 2 wings...weak!

The bonnet pizza was surely hot...but how many of you chefs out there would waste bonnets that way? Chef should have made the pizza sauce with bonnets, then a single layer. Flavor was lost...pizza was nothing short of a college dorm dare. What a waste.

LB, I disagree. I like fresh peppers on my pizza, not just for heat, but for texture. I would eat that pizza. ALL OF IT. There are many here that could rip on that show, but I think part of the reason they are there instead of us is the fact that what fun would it be to watch us eat the stuff and say: "oh yeah that's mildly hot. I can taste this, I can taste that. Its slowly building, blah blah blah"? It is much more entertaining for the general public to watch two fools get sweaty and choke on a wing that would barely make us sweat. That being said, I have utmost respect for both of them for doing this and at least getting us (chileheads) one step closer to mainstream!

P.S. Wait until our very own Johnny from Heartbreaking Dawns becomes a Food Network Star. He will show them how to cook and eat hot stuff!

LB, I disagree. I like fresh peppers on my pizza, not just for heat, but for texture. I would eat that pizza. ALL OF IT. There are many here that could rip on that show, but I think part of the reason they are there instead of us is the fact that what fun would it be to watch us eat the stuff and say: "oh yeah that's mildly hot. I can taste this, I can taste that. Its slowly building, blah blah blah"? It is much more entertaining for the general public to watch two fools get sweaty and choke on a wing that would barely make us sweat. That being said, I have utmost respect for both of them for doing this and at least getting us (chileheads) one step closer to mainstream!

P.S. Wait until our very own Johnny from Heartbreaking Dawns becomes a Food Network Star. He will show them how to cook and eat hot stuff!

I moslty agree...but you and I have probably eaten our weight in bonnets. They are a very flavorful pepper that would quickly overpower a pizza. I think the chef would have shown a bit more balls by USING the pepper in the dish, rather than just ADDING it to the pizza...make sense?

As for the show...I love it. I mean...habi's are hot...I don't care who you are...and the show has given me some cool ideas. But, I agree...us chile-heads have sat back in the corner, and yet most of the world eats chiles. Glad to see a show that goes to the "extreme", and showcases our addiction.

Yes, I agree that they went over the top on the piling on of peppers for the pizza, kind of the same thing as the Four Horseman burger in San Antonio. As someone who knows my way around the kitchen, I would never go with that amount of peppers just to get heat, but I still liked the fact that the show showcases chiles and people eating things outside the box. Personally, I would rather have seen Adam Richman host the show. He has evolved into a bit of a chilehead I think. Whether it is their fault or not, the show makes those two look like boobs.

I guess t's weird...I have a lot of respect for each pepper...and seeing them relegated to a pile-on style seems like an insult to chile heads. Just like the extract-wing challenge bullshit...these peppers have flavors...USE THEM DAMNIT!

The point of the show is heat not flavor. Never seen it though.

I wish places would use the superhots also, but it's just now gonna happen anytime soon I don't think. There are too many people out there that think they can do spicy because they can munch on a few jalapenos. There is probably too much of a legal liability for mainstream restraunts to carry anything above serranos or even habs. I don't agree with it, but that's just the way it is.

Back