• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HellBoar's glog - starting 2014-11-30

Hi folks!! I am so excited!!!! Here is a pic of my very first germinated seed, a pimenta de neyde that took about a week to get to this point. Have some others that are still in the ziplock/paper towel, but this is my first so far!!! Cute lil guy ain't he? I'll transfer him to a DWC bucket when he gets big/old enough. Hoping my lights arrive before then hehe. Woohoo, I am offcially a creator now!!! ;)

eO6RdfM.jpg

HB

Yeah Devv, I am also glad. The problem I'm having now is that my first PDN plant is almost touching my grow lights and I added a bunch of new baby plants last week to the aerogarden. If I raise the lights, then the babies will not be getting enough light...
o8wX5HI.jpg

I believe that its too early to top that plant, isn't it? O well, there's still about an inch to go before it touches the lights...I may have to decide to pot that plant soon and put it somewhere with some CFL's. Need some better dirt first.... Ugh, I am caught in the grower's multi-stage dilemma ahaha. I know now that I should try as much as possible to keep all of my aerogarden plants at the same stage or else I will run into this dilemma in the future.

HB

Ugh, that was a very difficult thing to do...but its done. I hope to have some good results with that...Did I do it right? Thanks man.

O48HMVY.jpg

HB

thats perfect  !  gj, i know its  hard lol after all the time and effort you put into it to get it that tall and now you chop half of it off  hahah its always a shitty feeling. But you will be rewarded. Keep an eye on the root ball. I just changed my water lastnight and i had to untangle the roots

Holy crap! Was away for a week and came back to a jungle!!!! Amazing growth!! Gonna have to do some transplanting tomorrow I think, and untangling roots...most of the water was gone from the reservoir as well, they've been thirsty. The tops of the plants were squished against the LED's so they don't look all that hot, but they should be better tomorrow.
FFDb8RR.jpg

Happy happy grow times!!!!

On a sadder note, all of my potted babies aren't doing so well, they were all wilted. Watered them thoroughly and hoping for the best. Will post pics tomorrow.

HB

S9euErh.jpg

After potting up to soil after hydro and topping...looking good!!! From left to right in big pots: Di Napoli, Scotch Bonnet, Peach Naga, Doux D'espagne, Pimenta de Neyde. The small cups over top are the two that might survive of the other batch (scotch bonnet and 7 pot white). I added some 5-1-1 fish emulsion in the first thorough watering after potting to soil from hydro, hope that has some good results. My other small cup seedlings are pretty much dead, that's okay, they were doubles of the others that I started for just this eventuality in case one of the two didn't make it.

7lXymdA.jpg

Remaining month old de Neyde, and a small scotch bonnet in my AG, and to the right, a fig tree that I got over the holidays.

HB

HellBoar said:
S9euErh.jpg

After potting up to soil after hydro and topping...looking good!!! From left to right in big pots: Di Napoli, Scotch Bonnet, Peach Naga, Doux D'espagne, Pimenta de Neyde. The small cups over top are the two that might survive of the other batch (scotch bonnet and 7 pot white). I added some 5-1-1 fish emulsion in the first thorough watering after potting to soil from hydro, hope that has some good results. My other small cup seedlings are pretty much dead, that's okay, they were doubles of the others that I started for just this eventuality in case one of the two didn't make it.

7lXymdA.jpg

Remaining month old de Neyde, and a small scotch bonnet in my AG, and to the right, a fig tree that I got over the holidays.

HB
Good start dude :)

I have a 4 year old fig tree but I never seem to get the fruit to ripen before winter comes. Good luck with yours though.

I don't know if you did, but last year I put a fan on the plant a few hours a day and they produced big trunk for very sturdy plants.

Nice forest going on.

Continues de même!
Teurf

Hey HB your Fig tree leaves (tu parles bien d'un figuier ?) doesn't look like the Fig tree I saw with fruits. Is it a different kind ?

Btw congratz for your PDN, they look very nice.

Lâche pas

Jo

Hey Jo, merci pour ton encouragement!

All I know is that its a Ficus tree, don't know the actual variety (there are a lot), but I do know that yes, it is a fig (figuier) tree and its supposed to grow figs eventually (given the right conditions).

Thanks about the PDN, I love the purplish hue on the plant and can't wait to try the peppers.

Welcome again to the forum!!! A la prochaine!

HB

Ok because my girlfriend's oncle grows a mature Fig tree in a 1000L container. The tree is about 10 feet high and produce plenty of fruits and the leaves are not like yours. Well as you said it is probably just another variety.

Back