Hello from San Diego

Welcome, I too live San Diego.My only Scotch B. turned out to be a Orange Hab. Have many Trinidads that are doing well though.

Same here on the Scotch Bonnet. Let me know if you have extra trinidads. Maybe we can work out a trade or something.

Welcome. I will be in your fair city in a couple weeks. Where are the best places for spicy eats?

I am not too privy on the spicy eats in the city, but here are a few suggestions.
Cafe Coyote in Old Town - The Mexican is ok, but they have a Ghost Chile Salsa that people rave about.
Slaters 50/50 in Liberty Station (This is literally at the end of the airport Runway) - You missed last months burger of the month. Ghost Chili burger topped with Ghost Chili Mayonnaise, Fried Habaneros and sliced jalapenos. They have some spicy stuff though so check them out. Heck they may even make the burger for you if you ask, but must sign waiver.
South Beach Bar and Grill - Ocean Beach - Not necessarily spicy eats, but they have one of the best Fish Tacos you will ever have.
There are several oriental and Indian places in town. A quick search on the internet will turn up several recommendations.
Mardi Gras Cafe and Marketplace - Spring Valley - Good cajun food. They used to be in the Point Loma area but recently moved. They have a wall full of hot sauce. Also have a varying range of hot sauces you can apply to your food if desired including a ghost chile hot sauce.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your visit!

Here are a few pictures of my Chocolate 7 Pot. Probably harvesting Pods today. The plant got really big but it has been dropping blossoms and now leaves since chiles started forming.

IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

:welcome: from sunny South Florida!

Back