• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

HELP!!! I don't know what to grow!!!

scoville said:
I have some banana pups I could share,can't be to many of those in Ohio!
Hehehe, true but we don't have a long enough season for bananas, plus I've already grown a ton of them out in LA for about 4 years.

You could raise worms for composting, I like doing it. What about cotton or tabacco? The most awesome thing I saw at a local nursery was a bonai oranage tree. The oranges were the size of golf balls and looked so adorable. Since I kill things pretty regularly I wasnt willing to pay the $100 for it but I want it really badly.

chicagofire said:
You could raise worms for composting, I like doing it. What about cotton or tabacco? The most awesome thing I saw at a local nursery was a bonai oranage tree. The oranges were the size of golf balls and looked so adorable. Since I kill things pretty regularly I wasnt willing to pay the $100 for it but I want it really badly.
I'm growing worms in the soil this year but skipping out on the composting thing.

I wouldn't use the cotton so that's out and the tobacco I grew (been growing it for the past three years) I grew this year was an aphid magnet so I'm skipping that one.

Josh said:
How about barley for brewing?

Takes up too much space, you have to grow alot of it too and then the malting process is too much work. It's one of those things that easier just to by b/c it's so cheap for the amount of work that's been done.

Artichokes take too long and don't yeild much, probably going to do amaranth (even thouygh I've done it before), won't touch soy beans, and I completely forgot about the lemon cucumber! Thanks!

imaguitargod said:
Takes up too much space, you have to grow alot of it too and then the malting process is too much work. It's one of those things that easier just to by b/c it's so cheap for the amount of work that's been done.

Understandable. I figured I would just throw it out there.

Have you tried Tiger melons? I've never had great production from them, but they are cool looking and quite tastey.

Haven't done the Tiger melons but have seen them. I'm skipping out on the ground runners at my place this year. Killed the grass and pissed off my dad.

Ok, I have one for you... Try growing (from Seed obviously) Venus Fly traps, Sundews (also a Carnivore) and or Pitcher Plants. All very challenging to start from a seed...and eating bugs is cool too...

Elliott

PeterPepperPicker said:
Ok, I have one for you... Try growing (from Seed obviously) Venus Fly traps, Sundews (also a Carnivore) and or Pitcher Plants. All very challenging to start from a seed...and eating bugs is cool too...

Elliott

Done, many a times, I've actually got a Drosera to cross polinate with a Dionaea but it didn't produce viable seeds :(

Here was my Pot of Death:
potofdeathnp7.jpg

imaguitargod said:
Done, many a times, I've actually got a Drosera to cross polinate with a Dionaea but it didn't produce viable seeds :(

Here was my Pot of Death:
potofdeathnp7.jpg

Too bad that thing doesn't attract aphids!

Mike

rainbowberry said:
Oh dear, my Venus Fly Trap is about a hundreth of the size of that.
Hey, I remember a while ago you were worried that you would kill yours, so don't worry, you might get to the Pot of Death size one day.

Back