• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

HELP!!! I don't know what to grow!!!

I'm trying these this year, even if only for looks: Prickly Caterpillar
I'm also trying the Ground Cherries too.

Also have these on the way:
Chinese Wolfberry (Goji berries)
Sensitive Plant (flower)
Garden Huckleberry

Most of the rest of my list is pretty common stuff, or uncommon varieties of common stuff: Purple Tomatillo, a full rainbow of tomatoes & peppers.

Good luck hunting a few new projects.

POTAWIE said:
I forgot to ask, how did your goji berrie grow last year IGGy?

Well, right now it's a very large stick with a little bundle of leaves at the top. I moved it indoors for the winter. will post pics in the near future.

grow your own vanilla (it's an orchid, don't know if you count that as a flower...) or prickly pears (both of these might involve patience on your part, not sure how that'll go over...). have you tried fiddleheads? they're a little less time consuming.

Lemon grass and ginger both grow well, coffee does great as a houseplant but not sure if that's what you want. Yucca makes a cool houseplant too, set it outside spring thru fall, bring it in before freezing. Sweet grass is worth growing just for the aroma alone...hierochloe odorata...hmmm just saw you wanted things to eat..so much for houseplants. But you can use lemongrass and ginger in foods. My brain is not at it's best right now. I'll think tomorrow.

LUCKYDOG said:
I bought a Salvia Divinorum plant to try myself this year -- Hofmann & Wasson strain

Those are fun to grow, really interesting plant. Plus, super easy to clone.

I am hoping to have a good time with it ;) -- as I read about your experience with humidity I am unsure how I will grow it. I was thinking of doing a simple bubbler system with it and isolate it in a grow box of its own like a small locker size...(???) In CT there isnt much humidity and I was planning on keeping it indoors... I am looking for other clones as well...

millworkman said:
Can't tell you how many plants of that I've grown in the past.

thepodpiper said:
IGG, I have the Lemon Cucumber and the Tigger melon if you decide on one of those.

Dale
I'll let you know if I can't find them here locally.

thehotpepper.com said:
Hmmm...I'll look into that one.

LUCKYDOG said:
I bought a Salvia Divinorum plant to try myself this year -- Hofmann & Wasson strain
Where did you get yours at? I'm looking for a good sorce for a plant.

I believe i bought mine on e-bay. Can't remember. I'll do some researching when I get off work for ya. I tried doing that whole chew-the-leaves-up-and-hold-them-in-your-mouth-30-minutes thing and it didn't work out so well. Not swallowing once in 30 minutes is hard to do....not swallowing once while you have shit in your mouth that makes it salivate more than normal and tastes like green ass is even harder.

I still have like 2 gallon baggies of dried leaves.

Txclosetgrower said:
I believe i bought mine on e-bay. Can't remember. I'll do some researching when I get off work for ya. I tried doing that whole chew-the-leaves-up-and-hold-them-in-your-mouth-30-minutes thing and it didn't work out so well. Not swallowing once in 30 minutes is hard to do....not swallowing once while you have shit in your mouth that makes it salivate more than normal and tastes like green ass is even harder.

I still have like 2 gallon baggies of dried leaves.

Shaman Passow to the rescue! They way the Mazatec Indians used it is they would take a bunch of fresh leaves and ball it up, then they stuck it in the upper back corner of their mouth and kept it there for about 15 minutes, occasionally lightly sqeezing it with their back mollars and then putting it back in the holding spot in the coner of the mouth.

Youre not supposed to chew it to a pulp, lol.

imaguitargod said:
Shaman Passow to the rescue! They way the Mazatec Indians used it is they would take a bunch of fresh leaves and ball it up, then they stuck it in the upper back corner of their mouth and kept it there for about 15 minutes, occasionally lightly sqeezing it with their back mollars and then putting it back in the holding spot in the coner of the mouth.

Youre not supposed to chew it to a pulp, lol.

Yeah i didn't. I followed the old indian method to the letter, making a "quid" out of the leaves and all. But after that long your mouth is 100% full of spit, like to the top.

Txclosetgrower said:
But after that long your mouth is 100% full of spit, like to the top.

Dude, you are supposed to swallow your spit like you do normally. It's not like tobacco chew where you don't swallow.

Back