• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HillBilly Jeff's 2014 Adventure - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

HillBilly Jeff said:

Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

Bodeen said:
Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

This guy built his nest right above my door...not the right location to build.

10411927_10202344889573671_5406539463568762571_n.jpg

Come back and finish the strawberry birds :)

0605Birds.jpg

Definitely have to have the netting up for next season.  Not too worried about it for this year as production is low the first year.  There will be more foliage next year too.

Raspberries are running a little late.

0605Rasp.jpg

JJJessee said:
Looks great all the way around, Jeff. Review those Cajun Bells for us when the time comes, they've always tempted me. :D
Man, your garden soil looks better than most potting soils!

The last time I ate one fresh, I was new to eating jalapenos, so they were quite hot to me then.  According to the article on them they are suppose to be a bell with just a hint of heat.  Well, they have more than a hint.  If they hold the same amount of heat as I remember, I would have to say perhaps like 10 k.  Nice flavor.  Good in salads, and I suppose you could stuff them.  They produce better than average.

Devv said:
And no weeds!

Give them time.  I have to mulch my beds, but I think it is too late in the game to mulch the gardens,  I will get my mulch brought in this year for next so I won't have this issue that I am having now.  I found alfalfa at 4 bucks a bale, but its first cutting and I am afraid of introducing a butt load of weed seeds.

Devv said:
I try not to use any baled products for just that reason, the seeds. I'm really liking the free mulch the county offers. Been working on the trailer (lent it to my son-in law), had to re-do the lights. I'll soon be loading up on the mulch for the winter.

Have a great weekend!

Bring me up a load when you get a chance :)

HillBilly Jeff said:
There should have been a fish pic in there from last Tuesday. Hope your weekend is good as well.
Yeah but that was last Tuesday.LOL. I was just hinting its time to go fishing. I was going to go out this evening until the rain and hail came followed by lightning.
image.jpg

The weekend was good. Thanks Jeff

I would love to fish more, but I am stuck on 6 days at work.  The cash is nice, but it seems all my free time is used up.  Going after some bluegills tomorrow, but I think I am a week late on hitting them at prime time.  See what happens tomorrow.  At least I will be on the water.

Back