• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HillBilly Jeff's 2016 Slimmed Down Grow

Just threw together some numbers and it looks like my entire pepper grow this season will be 72 plants.  One tray.  I think I can get them all in the raised beds.  Not sure if I will do them all in the raised beds, but I think I can.  

I have a lot of peppers still in the freezer.  I have enough sauce.  I have a lot of powder.  I just need some fresh peppers to grow through summer.  

I will be hitting tomatoes harder this year though.  I have a lot of tomatoes I want to can.  

I will try to get my preliminary list up tomorrow.

Temon (tepin x lemon drop)  I believe its my third year growing these.  Going to make them into a spicy smoked paprika.

14322299_10207490353527054_1445488948618366962_n.jpg

Devv said:
Nice looking Tepin-x-Lemon drops!

Sorry you had to have surgery, so what happened? Surgery is never a fun thing.

Heal well!

Nerve issues in wrist and elbow.  Three cuts and I just got stitches out today.  Now starts the PT phase of things.

I ran into a similar issue in 1990, surgery was an option. But back then he said "why don't you just let it rest and see how it goes?" I guess they knew their skill level wasn't quite there yet. And I did OK, but it took quite a while.

Please take your time and let it heal, nerve issues are slow to heal and very frustrating. But it will heal ;) 

Hey Jeff, just stopped by to check the end of your season - looks good despite
the 'not' pods you are getting.  Once they are processed no one would know  :lol:

I'll offer you some seeds from my grow if you like - you mentioned getting new
seeds next season.  I had BLS issues this season, so the seeds should be treated
before germinating, but I'd be happy to share them.

November 12 before the frost got my peppers.  And that was a hard freeze.  This is the latest I have ever gone.  We had a couple light frosts earlier in the fall, but living up on this hill helped.  Thursday I picked the last of my fall crop green beans as well.  

Amazing fall growing this year.

Back