• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

HOLY HELL, I JUST TOUCHED MY PEEP!!!!!

I did it again with a BS... almost passed out. have found a new way to deal with it... have a few beers and yell profanities. may not do anything for the pain but boy did it make me feel better

or.. just wear latex gloves & painter mask to prevent further unnecessary stupidity?
like these guys: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/32165-hairy-bikers-on-fire/

24zaj29.jpg

Latex gloves wont keep the oil out I discovered the hard way... So maybe building up tolerance is the way to go... Just roll littlebro across the cutboard after cutting some superhots... :-D

YOU NEED medical gloved, i get mine from home depot they are blue, and i have yet to have oil get through them, and i cut up 40 brain strains

Nitrile gloves. Although pleasuring yourself after rubbing a pepper on your palm builds the tolerance quicker. However, like Pavlov's dog the mind and body learn, so you may end up just getting excited everytime the spike starts burning.

Nitrile gloves instead of latex... Okay great... May admit I was disappointed after cutting 15 hot pods and the oil allready went through...

I don't want to insult you, but man, how many times have you done this since you started the thread? You really don't learn from experience, do you? Are you trying to build up a tolerance or just not paying attention?

hahaha, i don't take it as an insult. I think it's kind of funny it keeps happening from not paying attention. i thought i would have built up a tolerance by now because it's probably happened a good 10-15 times and with successively worse peppers and extract and all that. i handled something i used to make extract with over a month ago, and i didn't even realize it could have transferred to my hands because they weren't burning or anything.

Hey man I'm with ya - may not have done it that many times, but it's happened occasionally when I handle hot peppers, and think that washing my hands a few times should have made the oil go away. Bad news - you can wash your hands 3 or 4 times and still have the oils there - then you go to relieve yourself at bedtime - yowza!

What the hale you doin with extract, son?
HA i'm actually starting to think that myself.
I felt like Zed from pulp fiction after Marsellus Wallace's boys got through with him.

and YUP totally agree badger... the only thing i've found that works is time for getting the oils off. i wear contacts and that's about the same amount of fun...

Back