• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

HOT dogs

I think it is high time that we start giving one of the US' trademark foods it's due. There are a million ways to make a hot dog, and I have had many, but I have a freezer full of hot dogs (I seem to never be able to pass them up when on sale), and I need some ideas. I propose this thread as a place to show off your hot dog prowess. Let's make them creative and of course HOT! I don't have a get started pic as this just came to me and I have just eaten, but I promise to chime in with some pics soon. In the meantime, what is YOUR favorite dog?

Lunch dog. Miller brand dog, some whole grain mustard, sharp cheddar on a slice of toasted whole wheat sourdough. Oh, and some delicious salsa with tomatoes and peppers from the garden.

P1010654.JPG

Here's tonight's dog-dinner from the Circle-H:

Got in a couple more boxes of hot sauces for my collection, so here they are with tonight's players (yes, that's Brand-X Chili)...

100_1784.jpg

....and here they are OUT of the boxes with tonight's players!!!

100_1785.jpg

Grilled dogs in steamed buns:

100_1788.jpg

Habanero mustard:

100_1789.jpg

Chili and diced onions:

100_1790.jpg

xtra nice with the SoFlo KSL can treatment. Lipsmackin' hotness you got right there Paul. These days I only allow myself one of those rogue meals once every two weeks. I'm due for one this weekend.

Nothing special: 2 Nathan's Beef Franks, Bush's Grillin' Beans Steakhouse Recipe, Homemade German Potatoe Salad, and some Hot Sauce salsalady made for me from Bih Jolokias. This is some of the best hot sauce I've had to date, with some nice heat.

IMG_1227.jpg

Wish I was gonna be around this weekend to do some dogs, great post to get started JayT. This could be another Drunkin Chef or poppers. Flying out in the AM to DC to FEMA HQ on a assignment. By the way the best dogs I've found are Vienna Beef out of Chi Town (Woody's out west) the spicy polish is to die for.

I'll be making some chile dogs (not chili) to go along with my throwdown entry. Will post pics manana.

Edit: Just realized that is a post telling you that I am going to post tomorrow. Guess I had a PMD moment there. :crazy: :rofl:

Back