• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Hottest sauce/extract you've ever tried under $40

With taste not a factor... whats is the hottest stuff out there under $40. A few friends of mine try to outdo each other with heat. So far the hottest I've tried is Demon Ichor and Final Answer and I'm looking for hotter without going broke. Z.. Nothing Beyond says 4 mill but its a sauce, not an extract, so Im doubting it.

Watch the wording on those. The Z says "...with 4 mil SCU Pepper Extract..." so it means there is 4 mil IN IT. Not that it IS 4 mil. Mad Dog does that in a LOT of their sauces. "Made with 6 million SCU extract!!" and you think "WOW!!! That must be insanely hot!" but they only use 2 drops of extract, so it's not bad.

You could try to pick up some 2am. It's about 35 bucks, and I'm pretty sure you can't get much hotter without dropping a lot more coin. But then again, the Demon Ichor is supposed to be just as hot as the 2am.

You haven't said the purpose of this, but I've found recently that straight hab's offer plenty of heat, and better flavor than a LOT of those ultra-hot sauces.

One more idea - It's possible a naga / bhut puree (or concentrate) would be hotter. Ask around here if anyone has some.

It was either Defcon Zero Batch #4 or DM MKII. I've had alot of Z...Nothing Beyond and I definitly don't think that's over 1mill SHU (I know the bottle says 4million).

imaguitargod said:
It was either Defcon Zero Batch #4 or DM MKII. I've had alot of Z...Nothing Beyond and I definitly don't think that's over 1mill SHU (I know the bottle says 4million).

You must have had a bad batch then. I bought some along with Wanza's Wicked Temptation, Vicious Viper and Blair's 3AM. It was easily the hottest of the 4.

Philipperv said:
You must have had a bad batch then. I bought some along with Wanza's Wicked Temptation, Vicious Viper and Blair's 3AM. It was easily the hottest of the 4.
It's IGG! I think he had all batches. :lol:

Got a question for all you extractheads. Everytime I consume an extract I get hit in the gut despite the fact the heat doesn't even overwhelm me. It doesn't even hit right away either. Maybe 15-30 minutes later. I had Lethal Ingestion and that stuff hit me at least 30 minutes after consuming a lot of it. The tummy pain lasted about an hour once it started. So my question to you guys is, is there a way to coat your stomach ahead of time to avoid that gutwrenching effect?

Yeah not a big fan of extract. it takes all the fun out of eating sauce.
You can try some of the ol' fashion methods for coating the stomach before consuming massive amounts of alcohol. you know, eating butter and stuff like that. I would just stay away from extract.

Buddah said:
Got a question for all you extractheads. Everytime I consume an extract I get hit in the gut despite the fact the heat doesn't even overwhelm me. It doesn't even hit right away either. Maybe 15-30 minutes later. I had Lethal Ingestion and that stuff hit me at least 30 minutes after consuming a lot of it. The tummy pain lasted about an hour once it started. So my question to you guys is, is there a way to coat your stomach ahead of time to avoid that gutwrenching effect?

ALWAYS have some food in your tummy before consuming extracts. Another thing is you could be allergic to keytones (you'd be surprised how many people are) and that causes alot of stomuch pain.

I'm on the Cajohn's website (who makes Nothing Beyond) and their website says Black Mamba is their hottest sauce. Any opinion so of this stuff?

Never tried it. But CaJohns Vicious Vipers is PLENTY hot for most people. 5-10 drops on a taco, and you're rock solid.

That said, I'm definately going to try that some day... I'm just enjoying the natural sauces - they do have a much better flavor than the extracts, even if they're not really that hot...

I gotta tell ya, Black Mamba is some really stout, really mean sh*t(well, maybe not for IGG that is). I had to put a 5 way racing harness on the toilet after hitting that stuff up.

shawntmartin said:
I'm on the Cajohn's website (who makes Nothing Beyond) and their website says Black Mamba is their hottest sauce. Any opinion so of this stuff?

Black Mamba was my favourite extract till Nothing Beyond. They seem similar in heat to me, but Z... tastes way better. Other than Defcon's or UBK's extracts, which blend well with their hot wing sauces, I don't see myself buying anything besides Z... anytime in the near future.

Yep it's hot. Definitely hot. Not my favorite of CaJohn's, but if you are looking more for heat than flavor, well worth the $7 I guess.

Wow got my Wanza Wicked Temptation today and I only used the 3 day shipping :)

Tried a drop on my tongue, and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be. For 2 Million Scoville I figured it would be extremely painful or something. It burned, but not painful at all which was cool. It gave me a pretty cool mild rush throughout my upper body though, that was wild. Couldn't really tell what it tasted like, I'll probably have to blend it with another sauce to find out. Cool stuff though for how cheap it is.

Back