• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

How do you like your chili?

I must add to my earlier statement...although I am not currently eating meat, when it comes to chile ...gimme' 'da meat, and no stinkin' beans, tofu, carrots, or other some such nonsense. I have spoken my piece.

chilehunter, that's a great looking pot-o'-hot> And Pauly's recent chili posts in Drunken Chef also. You know, I think it's pretty much impossible to get a bad looking pot of chili.

It's ALL good~

:)

I always make my chili differently every time and enjoy it many many different ways. Usually I like beans(pinto or kidney) but not too much since their flavor is somewhat overpowering. And no pasta with chili for me, its just too much tasteless filler and I'm not in Cincinatti.
If I make a pot in the summer its usually got some fresh roasted peppers/chiles/tomatoes, sometimes roasted corn, and other fresh herbs and veggies where in the winter its usually a more standard meat and bean type chili with dry chiles, herbs and spices. The key for me is finding the right blend of chiles and spices to give a full flavor and burn without being overly hot, and this is where chile verdes can sometimes be a challenge

Had to do a rainy day batch of chili along with a little tostada with an olive, cilantro, onion, pepper and avacado with lime juice salsa.

28m02g3.jpg

35bdqb6.jpg

iwqflf.jpg

I didn't come close to putting the whole jar of AJ's puree in like paulky did (I know, chicken, but I wanted Ms. Logs to eat it.)

21ew86q.jpg

These little tostadas with the olive, avacado, cilantro, peppers, onion and lime are killer. Got the recipie last week at an old friends house we stopped by for lunch. Topped with pepper jack and quick under the broiler topped with the salsa, TASTY with the chili.

2rhaer9.jpg

Dinner is served

an0nwp.jpg

sheesh! logchief! brb~~~

(googling randmcnally ....trip log to CA.. .hours... mpg...)hhhmmmmmm

LogChief! How much chili you got left and how many spare bedrooms... and does Ms. Chief like impromptu guests???>

:cool: :lol:

Thanks Man, The batch still in the pot has no beans which is my preference. Ms. Chief likes her pintos so added some to a split off batch. Newcastle is good but prefer Alaska

Anybody ever try Mexene chili powder??

Mexene is one of the originals and a sponsor of CASI....good stuff

I'm going to have to give these a try. I usually just buy McCormick and be done with it.

....sounds like I may have been mistaken. ;)

dangit...I forgot about Gebhardts...good stuff for sure...

I just make my own any more...probably why I forgot

Yes, Gebhardts is good, wife got me started using it many moons ago. But I came across the Mexene looking at recipies at the TICC website and was just curious, sounds like I need to order some and give it a try.

Back