• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

How high is your heat level?

So how much heat and/or pain can you handle?

• I dont eat peppers.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If I want to heat it up ill add bell pepper. (lol)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jalepenos and hot sauces like louisiana

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I like it to burn when I eat.

Votes: 40 72.7%
  • I REALLY like it to burn, moruga scorpion!

Votes: 23 41.8%

• Total voters
I like habaneros. I have something spicy with every meal, but I like my taste buds and want to retain them for future use, so no whole super pods for me.

I'm short, blond hair blue eyes, so I get all sorts of crazy looks when I order spicy foods. I told the guy at the indian restaurant that I wanted the chef to spice it like "indian food", not the north americanized version. He looked at me like I was suicidal lol. The food turned out fantastic, but I get the "are you SURE???" comment at restaurants all the time...

i have a powder made of douglah, 7 pot brown, brain strain, fatalii, datil, bhut, bhut carbon, choc scorp, choc bhut, bahamian, naga morich, and afew others, i add at least 1/4tsp to everything i eat! i infuse a brain strain with a jar of jam and eat it for breakfast with my toast. i eat a pepper and it hurts and burns, someone else eats same portion they start crying.

went to thai place and asked them to make it "thai" hot level 15/10. if its not hot enough and i need to add my powder i will deduct money from their tip! lasy brought out my food......not even close added 4 1/8 tsp of my powder and it was perfect, waitress comes by wiht a smile asking if it was hot enough? "nope, had to add lots of my powder" "WOW, how hot do you like it" " here you want a taste?" she takes a small bite and turns tomato red and runs into the back saying " you crazy white boy" and we got a different waitress as our old one could not talk! BAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH now when we go to the place they all know just how hot i like it, i actually bring in a couple pods for them to make my dish with

I'm short, blond hair blue eyes, so I get all sorts of crazy looks when I order spicy foods. I told the guy at the indian restaurant that I wanted the chef to spice it like "indian food", not the north americanized version. He looked at me like I was suicidal lol. The food turned out fantastic, but I get the "are you SURE???" comment at restaurants all the time...

I hear you there "are you sure?"..., and my 20 y/o niece is the same blond and blue as you are. And she gets the same reaction when she orders 5/5 stars.

First time at a restaurant, we order 5/5 heat. See how hot it is. Knowing they are still cooking for "generic America" I expect it to be mild. And when we go back, we can order 7-8-9-stars, or just lace it up on our own. BUT I would not deduct from a servers tip based on the heat level unless we'd been there several times and the service was bad and we'd asked for 10-stars and it was only 2-stars.

If my wife and I go somewhere once, and they bring the heat, they will get a good tip (approx. 25%). If we go there again, and it just isn't the same, we tip less. It sucks getting a quality meal that lights you up, only to go back the next time and not even break a sweat. There are actually a couple of places in town that we haven't returned to because they can't be consistent with their heat level.

It isn't like Buffalo is known for being all that spicy when it comes to food though. Yeah, some of the Buffalo wings can be hot. But for most of the times we order food or dine out, we have to tell them to make our food "as spicy as they are legally allowed to make it". Even then, they don't always make it hot enough.

To all the people who deduct on the tip for the meal not being hot enough, how can you fault the waiter/waitress for the kitchen's problem?

Anyway, this is a thread on tolerance so I'll make this post on topic: I like things like spongey. Restaurants can't get it hot enough for me. At least 2/3 meals a day are covered in superhot powder or some sort of superhot sauce.

It is very easy to deduct from the tip. If the waiter/waitress wants an above average tip, then the food needs to be on point. Their quality of service isn't the only factor when it comes to how much extra we throw their way. If we request for our meal to be extra hot, and they fail to deliver, then they don't deserve an above average tip. Besides, 15% still isn't anything to scoff at. A lot of people don't even tip that much for excellent service.

The only way that a waiter/waitress will get less than 15% is if their service absolutely sucks. And in those cases, I'm the type of guy who will leave $0.02 tip, along with a note explaining why.

i have a powder made of douglah, 7 pot brown, brain strain, fatalii, datil, bhut, bhut carbon, choc scorp, choc bhut, bahamian, naga morich, and afew others, i add at least 1/4tsp to everything i eat! i infuse a brain strain with a jar of jam and eat it for breakfast with my toast. i eat a pepper and it hurts and burns, someone else eats same portion they start crying.

went to thai place and asked them to make it "thai" hot level 15/10. if its not hot enough and i need to add my powder i will deduct money from their tip! lasy brought out my food......not even close added 4 1/8 tsp of my powder and it was perfect, waitress comes by wiht a smile asking if it was hot enough? "nope, had to add lots of my powder" "WOW, how hot do you like it" " here you want a taste?" she takes a small bite and turns tomato red and runs into the back saying " you crazy white boy" and we got a different waitress as our old one could not talk! BAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH now when we go to the place they all know just how hot i like it, i actually bring in a couple pods for them to make my dish with
Hopefully they'll see you coming next time and stop to piss on it before serving you.

It is very easy to deduct from the tip. If the waiter/waitress wants an above average tip, then the food needs to be on point. Their quality of service isn't the only factor when it comes to how much extra we throw their way. If we request for our meal to be extra hot, and they fail to deliver, then they don't deserve an above average tip. Besides, 15% still isn't anything to scoff at. A lot of people don't even tip that much for excellent service.

The only way that a waiter/waitress will get less than 15% is if their service absolutely sucks. And in those cases, I'm the type of guy who will leave $0.02 tip, along with a note explaining why.

To each their own I guess. But I base my tipping of the server on factors that the server can actually control him/herself. Anyway, sorry to bring this off topic.

Ok. So I thought my tolerance was pretty much top notch. I now stand corrected I've eaten smoked Jolokia powder on food like some people use black pepper or cayenee so I figured I wouls shove the chunk of dried infinity that had accompanied some seeds I ordered from AjiJoe and Damn it was hot. I almost had to run downstairs and get something to cut the heat... almost. The flavor was quite goodb but it lit me up worse than anything I've willingly ingested. after about 5 mins the endorphine rush was incredable and lasted a good 15-20 mins afterwards. I just can't wait till next year when I can plant everything I have a feeling the fresh pod may break my streak of not ever needing to eat/drink anything to cut a burn yet but we'll just have to wait and see.

I like to eat the jolokia types of peppers by themselves. I think they taste better dried than fresh. I will only eat part of 7 pots, TS', etc. I love them in sauces though! I also throw them in the food I cook.

Back