How r ur peppers going in Perth west oz?

I'm not quite at the self-torture "eat them whole" stage yet. lol. My Butch T's and Yellow 7s are going to be purely ornamental. I have GERD as it is and have been advised by my doctor to "avoid spicy food" (to hell with that!), but I think a million+ Scoville might be pushing it.

I do LOVE the taste of most of the Chinense family; however, so I hope that these Cheiro Do Norte and Cheiro Goias seeds that I have going work out. They supposedly have the taste but aren't quite as searingly molten-lava-like. Having said that, I'll still be using my regular habs as well. :)

The red ones look like Serranos to me.
Cheiro do norte is a pretty mild species on par with a red ripe jalapeño in my opinion. Great looking pods though but do have to be eaten fresh as they go mushy quickly once picked

Well, my great salvage operation is underway. Seedlings are all repotted in Green Life potting mix and I've moved them around the side of the house which is quite sunny but is protected by a sort of tan-colored shadecloth that lets sun through but not enough so they wilt to buggery even if drenched in water. Hopefully this will help get them started.

I have one that's starting to look a little larger. It's a mystery pepper because the label fell off at an early stage.

8253432977_5d4e2f03f4_b.jpg

Still not huge, though. I hope I can get my stuff happening before the season is over. Slow going.

Nah don't sweat it. You probably won't get pods before the real heat kicks in but all you have to do is keep them alive through the hottest part of summer and they'll start producing after that. That's with all other things being normal.

Reactions: nee
Nah don't sweat it. You probably won't get pods before the real heat kicks in but all you have to do is keep them alive through the hottest part of summer and they'll start producing after that. That's with all other things being normal.

Will they produce pods in the height of summer if they are under shade cloth and well watered?
I don't even think we will get our usual summer this year. Have you seen the forecast? Thunderstorms until Thursday... Wtf? Are we in Perth or Brisbane.

im not sure, even with the last few days of hot weather we have had last week and this one one of my jalepnos has dropped its pods

Don't know what will happen if we get a tropical summer :P would be nice for a change... would be even better if I had a working AC to escape it!

You can do your best to keep them cool but some will drop flowers when at the same time others will keep spitting out pods, so just have to take your chances.

Had some windy weather yesterday. Just what I need when I have a massive hangover, going outside and seeing my plants blown over. :mad: Some of my plants are now sitting at a 45 degree angle or worse.

Had some windy weather yesterday. Just what I need when I have a massive hangover, going outside and seeing my plants blown over. :mad: Some of my plants are now sitting at a 45 degree angle or worse.
You're in Sydney thats your problem ;) ;)

Seriously though high winds suck. We had a storm 2 weeks ago in Perth and I was out there in the rain desparately cable tying plants that where whipping around to every stake I could find. Didn't lose any plants in the end, just a lots of leaves.

Even when they are bent right over they can still come back.

Still not sure if I'm getting enough direct sunlight every day for my seedlings. It seems like a delicate balance between crisping them and giving them enough to grow by.

Still not sure if I'm getting enough direct sunlight every day for my seedlings. It seems like a delicate balance between crisping them and giving them enough to grow by.

Last two days were pretty hot. I'm still waiting for the forecast thunderstorm.

All my gear is pumping pods and growing mad
9D8AF672-7EF8-4ED7-A9B2-35526953D457-2489-000002C86F93D72E.jpg

Mr t

361952AC-CE8F-487A-AFB1-0A808BE37B83-2489-000002C867D98670.jpg

Moruga

F3F8960B-E4DD-4CF6-98DB-DA4FAA162A79-2489-000002C882D193A1.jpg

Even my sticks

E4EA90DF-D694-4861-8DEE-19DF5B9083CD-2489-000002C8979E5CA1.jpg

The leaf crinkle seems to be going to, still getting a small amount of flower drop but nothing like last week.

Haven't watered as there is a supposed storm

Blue Flames, how old is that seedling in teh blue pot in your first photo. That's about the size of most of mine.

A few weeks that one woz a present from a good m8!

This warmer weather will set them off , that if we don't get a storm that farks them again

The good life stuff u got did it smell bad ? The last lot I got stunk and didn't look right

The plant in u pic is that a Thai , reckon they need more sun but avoid 12 - 2 direct

A few weeks that one woz a present from a good m8!

This warmer weather will set them off , that if we don't get a storm that farks them again

The good life stuff u got did it smell bad ? The last lot I got stunk and didn't look right

The plant in u pic is that a Thai , reckon they need more sun but avoid 12 - 2 direct

Yeah, some of the ones I have that look about the size of that one germinated about 7 weeks ago. Hoping this new mix works ok.

It didn't smell bad to me.

Back