• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How r ur peppers going in Perth west oz?

Go straight to pot just make sure morning sun, sun up to rnd 10 and arvo 4 till sundown and slowly increase if u have time , if not sun up till 11 and indirect there after

8d0c11130b5d57a8756caaf771e8e0eb.jpg

Ok just ate this and wow , was short but insane to the max , ambulance material but the flavour just wasn't there , the heat woz insane major spits and hiccups and more milk than ever but it dint have that fruity flavour I thought, yellow 7 still my fav and can't wait for my goats to cum rnd

And bear in. Mind if they ain't growing above they grow below!! I Wundt use the miricale grow use a potting mix but pay the $$$ get a good one , I can't giver an answer to which one as I've now tried a few and they all have different problems all I can recommended is good gear , good drainage , and pray to the chilli gods u don't get catapillers or grubs :)

Also m8 rember my first season so take it as it cums , it's all trial and error but knowledge is power , what doesn't work for one may work for another , oh don't use any ferts for a while just water ( rain if u have) and don't add Epsom a $hit ull kill them or get lock up

Cheers mate, yeah no rain here in Perth just blue skies! I've got a really big balcony that gets morning sun, can also move the pots around to get varying amounts of sun as the balcony runs the whole way round the house :) ill have a look in bunnings or waldecks in the morning? Might even go to that guy in the swan valley lava was on about to get some compost! Ill update in the morning :)
Also rocoto update- definitely dying! Banging him out in the full sun was a mistake! Gonna move him back under shade and see if he can pull through!

Cheers mate, yeah no rain here in Perth just blue skies! I've got a really big balcony that gets morning sun, can also move the pots around to get varying amounts of sun as the balcony runs the whole way round the house :) ill have a look in bunnings or waldecks in the morning? Might even go to that guy in the swan valley lava was on about to get some compost! Ill update in the morning :)
Also rocoto update- definitely dying! Banging him out in the full sun was a mistake! Gonna move him back under shade and see if he can pull through!
My red rocoto is finally hanging onto its pods!!!!!

anyone know why out of my 5 superhots the 3 that have put out some flowers the flowers had no pollen and just opened up and dropped off? The other 2/3 superhots dont even have flowers or buds they just look like big bushes...

my hot fish is going nuts though pumping out pods now on the way. They are so pretty and white :)

anyone know why out of my 5 superhots the 3 that have put out some flowers the flowers had no pollen and just opened up and dropped off? The other 2/3 superhots dont even have flowers or buds they just look like big bushes...

my hot fish is going nuts though pumping out pods now on the way. They are so pretty and white :)

Flower drop is from heat mainly, could be bad nutes or something. If you feed then no nitrogen, that will make all bushy no flowers.

Flowers with no pollen can happen when its an unstable cross but more likely the plant just isn't ready... for whatever reason.

Where's the pics

Another pick
518E0C70-27B5-48AD-81C1-D69F70FE9354-3145-000004927EDC076C_zps4355d9b9.jpg

And a few more lost pods
83C62B87-909A-4BCF-8943-45725C283034-3145-0000049286B3A9CB_zps4e60e51c.jpg

can be a million different reasons, in the one grow bed I've got a brain strain, jamaican red, jamaican yellow, carolina reaper and red rocoto. So they all have the same nutrients and ph and oxygen levels because they are in the one grow bed.
The two jamaicans have been flowering and holding onto almost every single flower, the red rocoto has been dropping flowers for months right up untill this week. The brain strain is holding onto almost every flower aswell but the carolina reaper is dropping flowers like no tomorrow.
From what I've seen from chili growing they'll just drop flowers until they are good and ready, seems to be a thing of maturity or something like that.

Seedlings planted I think they're dying already :( it's just too much dry heat out of they're little humid box, it's cooling down now so just gonna leave them and see? Or should I move them into the garage? Still warm and humid but no light whatsoever?

BFDD03CD-572C-43F5-8F77-34272A5A94A9-541-000001281C1BE631_zpsf0845fd9.jpg

F9DD9C30-A55E-486D-8609-0B4CF07F631F-541-00000128165C2DFA_zps2385f065.jpg

7F47D8B0-FCD2-45B8-9AF0-35A1B1DA5E45-541-000001280D6715AB_zps00126228.jpg

The top one looks fine but a couple of the others have gone a bit curly like the second picture? Think it's just because they're not in a humid environment anymore!

Ok that hortico sux I've tried it baileys seems best , guru sown seeds put me on to it and that ain't so gooodseedlings now should be all indirect light no fert , and give them a chance new soil for seedlings shud have all they need water only

But saying that its a bit l8 for seedling due to how hard and hot it is

They will pod when their ready. I had it happen to all of mine. Now I've got too many pods.... Is there such a thing.?

Seedlings planted I think they're dying already :( it's just too much dry heat out of they're little humid box, it's cooling down now so just gonna leave them and see? Or should I move them into the garage? Still warm and humid but no light whatsoever?

BFDD03CD-572C-43F5-8F77-34272A5A94A9-541-000001281C1BE631_zpsf0845fd9.jpg

F9DD9C30-A55E-486D-8609-0B4CF07F631F-541-00000128165C2DFA_zps2385f065.jpg

7F47D8B0-FCD2-45B8-9AF0-35A1B1DA5E45-541-000001280D6715AB_zps00126228.jpg

The top one looks fine but a couple of the others have gone a bit curly like the second picture? Think it's just because they're not in a humid environment anymore!
Keep them outside in the shade man. Keep em watered. I personally wouldn't bother with seedlings now. Unless you have a greenhouse for winter I wouldn't think you'll see pods until next season.

Hey guys my daughters b day next week and want to make poppers 4 the shin dig I've looked in the posts but can any one hook me up with a good recipe?

Hey guys the seedlings are looking good! Nice and strong this afternoon once they've settled in :) and blueflames are you referring to stuffed chillis? As in the ones that are filled with cheese and crumbed and fried? I'm pretty good with stuff like that, was a chef for 5 years I could play around this week and write something up if u want?

Hi Guys,

I've been starting some seedlings here and there (yeah I know it's february!) mainly for experimental purposes. These aren't looking really good.. they've stopped growing for the last couple of weeks. They're Fataliis. Any ideas? I really don't think I can be overwatering. They get a bottom water whenever they get really light (as in weight) and feel completely dry.

DSCF5516.jpg

Also here's some very young Bhut Jolokias - they're also lookin' a bit yellow and not growing so fast at all..

DSCF5518.jpg

I'm using one of those cheapy 4x55w T5 lamps.. the plants are about a foot and a half below the lamp. I have a small fan blowing always as well.

Any ideas? :S They're all in osmocode seed raising mix. I've fertilised the fataliis a couple of times with very dilute seasol mix.

the chillis in my aquaponics system have all sprouted and are doing well. Now my system has cycled and there are nitrates they should take off :)

Hey guys my daughters b day next week and want to make poppers 4 the shin dig I've looked in the posts but can any one hook me up with a good recipe?

http://thehotpepper...._60#entry774532
oven baked

you can also deep fry them if you want the kids to get zits ;)

Hi Guys,

I've been starting some seedlings here and there (yeah I know it's february!) mainly for experimental purposes. These aren't looking really good.. they've stopped growing for the last couple of weeks. They're Fataliis. Any ideas? I really don't think I can be overwatering. They get a bottom water whenever they get really light (as in weight) and feel completely dry.

I'm using one of those cheapy 4x55w T5 lamps.. the plants are about a foot and a half below the lamp. I have a small fan blowing always as well.

Any ideas? :S They're all in osmocode seed raising mix. I've fertilised the fataliis a couple of times with very dilute seasol mix.

One thought is that with the bottom watering the higher up roots aren't getting any water?

I assume osmocote seed raising mix has nutrients in it already, so the seasol probably isn't doing anything good or bad. First suspect for me is always soil combined with over watering. Don't know about that seed raising mix but I'm guessing its got soil wetter in it. Not good for chillies. It's a real pain to try and find a commercial seed raising mix that is suitable for chillies.

Also could be temperature... too hot?

I would try top watering, without wetting the plant itself. see if that does anything. And on the picture it looks like they are sitting in cups? Make sure after they are watered the excess can drain away immediately. Watering by weight is a good method.

Hi All,
Just joined and have been growing for a few years, have had good success with jalapeno and poblano, but scotchbonnet and habanero have always struggled
but only recently got a little more interested after picking up some scotchbonnet and habanero plants at last years freo chillie festival.
Also get into texas style barbeque and do some homebrewing.
I think I have read all the pages in the perth thread, but didnt notice any talk of seed swapping, do you guys ever swap seed? would love to get some seed for some of the more extreme chillies

Cheers

sinkas

:beer:
The next wave of pods and harvest will be insane so may flowers its not funny just hope they stay on

Hi Guys,

DSCF5516.jpg

Also here's some very young Bhut Jolokias - they're also lookin' a bit yellow and not growing so fast at all..

DSCF5518.jpg

They look gr8 , super hots once again r super slow! Don't fert they shouldn't need it

Make them next years mothers

Hi All,
Just joined and have been growing for a few years, have had good success with jalapeno and poblano, but scotchbonnet and habanero have always struggled
but only recently got a little more interested after picking up some scotchbonnet and habanero plants at last years freo chillie festival.
Also get into texas style barbeque and do some homebrewing.
I think I have read all the pages in the perth thread, but didnt notice any talk of seed swapping, do you guys ever swap seed? would love to get some seed for some of the more extreme chillies

Cheers

sinkas

Back